How much of "AGP" is caused by growing up in a repressive environment

how much of "AGP" is caused by growing up in a repressive environment
a thread was just up with some agps saying they grew up in christian and homophobic households and stuff
is this common?

Attached: cisagp56.jpg (833x448, 170.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/233436042_Identity-Defense_Model_of_Gender-Variant_Development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

100%

I want to believe this, but there are kids who grow up in repressive environments and still end up flamers. Conversely, there are people who grow up in tolerating environments and still become AGP af

I agree Psychology is complicated unfortunately.

the repressive environment is being a man

maybe its tied to agreeableness in personality as well.

Oh yes that's standard. The thing is if you go wild enough about it when you're a kid and get attention from me welfare authorities, and sometimes you get around the whole thing and end up getting the help you need despite having fucked up parents.

hello me
very likely, I was way too eager to please and had too much faith in people
now I'm just kinda screwed
"gifted" my ass

Because you have to be alive in yourself when your 12 and 13 years old to do it. If your Beatdown psychologically to the point where you don't believe you even have a right to a voice then you're fucked. I did things that got me out of my parents control like trash in their house and then calling the 911. My parents really weren't going to try to abused me in front of paramedics and other authorities

>Studies have shown that some children are more sensitive to parents’ socialization than others (Kochanska, 1995). Pomerantz, Ng, and Wang (2004) proposed that children who are more fearful of parental discipline are more sensitive to gender-related boundaries enforced by parents, “with even subtle hints from parents eliciting guilt when children have violated a rule” (p. 133). Thus, those children who repress their gender-variant identity may be only those who are prone to guilt and sensitive to parents’ real or perceived discipline.

>We believe that an introverted child is likely to have less confidence to express this gender-variant identity, and it is also possible that children with greater impulse control, agreeableness, or conformity are more likely to cognitively-avoid their gender-variance. Y. L. S. Smith et al. (2005a) reported classical transsexuals of both birth-assigned genders scored higher on the extraversion scale of the Dutch Short Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory than non-classical MF transsexuals. Relevant to the trait of agreeableness, Bullough and Bullough (1997b) found that 67% of their sample were considered “good” children, and only 5% reported getting in trouble and getting a “bad” label.

>The proposed personality and environment factors determine whether the defence of repression is used to cognitively avoid a gender-variant identity. The proposed repression acts through early childhood and often into adulthood. Studies have shown that denial – a defence mechanism closely related to repression in that both involve the refusal to believe anxiety-provoking information (Nairne, 2006) – is the most commonly used defence mechanism for children until age seven. Lawrence (2003) found that the mean age that a group of mostly non-classical transwomen first realized that they wanted to change sex was eight.

i was such a quiet obedient kid I would've never done something like that

That oft-cited but dubious Avitale study said something like tha-

Oh, nevermind

I dunno. I was just a horny kid. my uprbringing wasnt repressive, I wasnt repressing anything- exploring sex and sexuality at age 7, getting completely titilated wearing panties and not really giving a fuck if it was wrong or "naughty" just doing it, exploring it and enjoying it...Of course, I never thought i was a girl or had any dysphoria so theres that.

That's one of the reasons why I ended up getting treatment for transgenderism when I was 13 years old. So, why is it that you might be envious of me when I put in the work to get it done?
I do feel for you but I don't understand really why you would tolerate letting it happen to you, the whole masculinization thing. In many ways I look fondly on those days because I felt more alive than I've ever have sense.
I knew I had severe gender just worried about the time I was seven or eight years old. I think the main difference has to do with being able to get out and say hey I'm not going to grow up to be a boy I just won't do it. If I cared enough about it to research the topic I would look at that rather and some of the other things they look at.

>with even subtle hints from parents eliciting guilt when children have violated a rule
That's shame, not guilt. Minor nitpick, but ree
Guilt is a feeling that one has breached their own moral code, shame is the feeling that you've breached the socially enforced moral code

that's not the avitale study it's from this researchgate.net/publication/233436042_Identity-Defense_Model_of_Gender-Variant_Development

How do you get to the point where you understand this stupid moral code that you're ashamed of? I'm not saying I didn't experience any shame but I'm not sure if I shame had anything to do with being feminine as much as it had to do with other things like not being popular with kids at school. I'm not really sure if I had to do shame or not?

parents moral codes become your own after enough abuse so much so that they dont even need to be there for it to work anymore

Some of your post is difficult to read (ESL?) but I guess I just wasn't aggressive enough or conscious enough of my problems, and was afraid my religious parents would disown me if I did anything wrong. I didn't have internet access or any information until my teens either (grew up in the 90s).

You know there is something different about you people compared to me because I never even thought about looking at a study until I started posted on here? I've never known anybody that really cared about studies before. I'm not sure what it is but I don't think it has anything to do with being feminine or transgender?

Not them, but severity of GD prob factors into it as well. A bunch of AGPs report not really feeling an incongruence with their assigned sex until way later in life (sometimes even at 20 years or older!).

Personally, when I was 13, it was still a weird fetish thing for me. Wouldn't ever dream of going through all those lengths and against my parents just to actualize something that made my pp hard. Had I been one of those "I'm a girl trapped in a man's body and it causes me great pain" types, perhaps things would've been different.

I grew up in the nineties too, that is to say I was a child in the 90s and teenager in the early 00s. No I lived in a major east coast city United States.
The reason you think that is because I have very little formal education and language skills challenged and use Talk to Text Speech because it's difficult for me to type out words.
It's really pretty impossible to get a regular education when you're running around in the streets at 13 and 14 years old, running away from home and living in various foster homes.

I tried to mention that idea of being gender ambiguous when you're a teenager but most of the people on this site get very angry at me when I try to suggest I'm somehow different from them. I don't come on these Farms to make enemies. I'm not interested and put it in anybody down. I don't think funny people here really realize how much of a street kid I really was I just don't think they get it.?
As far as what you said about topology I would say that I was definitely someone who is keenly aware that my body was turning into something that I just didn't want it to be that is a male. I remember as clear as it was yesterday, being twelve years old and being totally weirded out about the changes going on in my body at my voice. I really didn't care if I ended up dead seriously, how is going to get it so that it stop doing that and that man taking female hormones even if I had to buy them on the streets.