I'm a bi-ish 24 years old 'male', and for awhile I really thought I fixed my life

I'm a bi-ish 24 years old 'male', and for awhile I really thought I fixed my life

I used to be a depressed, autistic nerd when younger. Suicidal ideation when i was 12, no friends, terrible home life, hoped I'd wake up dead every day for 10 years.

But now? I have a well-paying job, hobbies I like, and a good routine. I'm introverted, so I don't have many irl friends, but at least some. Tons of online friends I cherish though. I've had a girlfriend in the past, but am still a virgin bc I'm not really motivated enough to play the tinder game. I know I like guys too, but too much internalized fear to really do much about it. I have some chronic illnesses, but who doesn't? Medication helps to keep them at bay anyway

This was a NORMAL place to be, given my life circumstances. Some good areas, some bad areas, but overall fine.

And now, since a week ago, I'm suddenly hardcore questioning my gender identity and it feels like I threw a wrench into it all. All the work I did to build up a stable, consistent life just dissolved because it turns out I'm part of the 1% of the population who was 'born into the wrong body'. And I only discovered it after it was too late to really do much about it

Attached: 23_new_low_res_zlota_rama.jpg (1711x1772, 322.42K)

Barely sleep or eat anymore, spend all day on Any Forums and trans servers, stopped working out, cry twice a day, and barely even do my job anymore. Everything feels immensely nauseating and overwhelming, and I have to stifle the lump in my throat if I ever have to talk to another human and feel the disgusting maleness of my voice writhe in my throat

I want to just take HRT and try it out, but I keep reading shit about how exiting repping just trades the dysphoria for a brand new host of issues that as emotionally, and sometimes physically, crippling. Liver issues, permanent libido drops, growing old as a trans woman is horrible, nobody wants to marry you, you constantly feel alienated, passing is a life-long chore, and so on

I keep walking through every single possible scenario in my head as to where the future goes if I don't go or go onto HRT and they all end painfully. I badly want to kill myself to just stop the agony and not have to prolong it for another 50 years, but im not brave enough to do it

tldr: life is horrific, i wish i just ended it at 12 instead of believing it'll get better

It's only been a week? You need to give it some more time. And all of your work hasn't dissolved - idk but just from reading I think you need to wait a bit to stabilise and reorient your perspective.

youre probably right desu, my brain is just messed up rn from too much outside stimulation

yes, I imagine it's been a bit of a shock. sending good vibes.

What was it that initially made you start questioning? This sounds a lot like what happened to me before I started questioning.

Friends I loved, gotten into good and healthy habits, was working towards my goals smoothly in college, I was smiling and everything was going great. I was always a pretty dismal person, never liked my voice or body, but I chalked that up to no one ever being really happy with their appearance. In order to not be an isolationist loser I built up habits and discipline to force myself into where I wanted to be, and it made me happy. But it turned out it wasn't sustainable because I forcing myself through it all. Once it began to break from depression, once I came across someone walking through a trans person questioning on the internet, it was like my whole life shattered as pieces fell into places they never fit before. It really felt like everything I had worked to create was for nothing as I watched my habits, health, and discipline slip away into depression.

Attached: E03ySAHWEAQbc79.jpg (1604x2048, 587.21K)

Yeah, this is literally me. Always unhappy with the maleness of my body, but assumed that's just life.

Initially? Scheduling a surgery to remove my puberty tits. I was three weeks from the surgery (2 weeks now) and suddenly realized 'wait i kinda like having tits'

and then i went down this rabbit hole of different forums, realizing all the stories of oldshits matched up with me so deeply, and that if im not trans, im at least definitely not masculine.

still have the surgery date set, made a post here awhile back if I should cancel it, but i think im just gonna go with it. im too masc to socially pass anyway, so ill just get HRT and boymode forever.

Continue questioning earnestly, and try less permanent stuff before HRT. You don't need to uproot your whole life at once and instantly be a girl or something. HRT is good as well, and after being on it for two years the downsides are better than the alternative. Emotions are different but not necessarily 'heightened' , I have lost some natural strength T gave me, etc. In regards to libido, progesterone makes me a lot hornier than testosterone ever did, it's just a less animalistic type of horny?

but prog usually starts a year in, and if you don't jerk off like once a week or more then your dick will atrophy, but you can get it back just by using it again. I fucking accidentally tested it so I know it works

I want to continue questioning, but I'm scared I'm running out of time. I'm already 24 and everybody keeps telling me that I need to start NOW otherwise I'm wasting the time that could be spent feminizing.

I know trans women that started at 30 and look good, 24 is far from too late you've just been spending too much time around 19 yr old channer trannies who don't know shit. The younger the better GENERALLY but you also don't want to get stuck with tits and a new type of dysphoria

we only started hormones so early because we're all degens who grew up on the internet

Yeah...you're right. I wish there was a button i could just press to tell me if I'm actually trans or not.

i am so jealous

This smells like schizoid (not schizophrenic) personality disorder

Wow what a wholesome thread.

OP, I'm a few years younger than you, but in much the same place. I don't see any future where I am happy. I am unsure that I am trans. I almost wish I had more dysphoria so I could just make a choice.

Just like you, I stay up late reading /tttt/. My relationships suffered, my gf and I ended our relationship formally, and I can't focus on college like I should / used to.

I have no solutions, just empathy.

One question for you, for my own sake:
>stop the agony
How bad did it get in just one week? My process was much more gradual, and the agony peaked at a couple of nervous breakdowns over not getting hormones fast enough (so internet brainworms definitely contributed in my case). Now (about 1-1.5 months into serious questioning) things are pretty mellow but obsessive/depressive. But I do have HRT sitting next to me (that I have not taken for a week) so that might be helping.

Read through the wiki page for this, a lot of it felt extremely accurate. Feeling even more nauseous after reading that very-long-term therapy is the only suggested treatment

> I almost wish I had more dysphoria so I could just make a choice.
Same...

I think it got worse for me faster because I realized how much I want to be non-masculine, but I am...
1. Somewhat old, so absolutely zero expected bone changes
2. I'm very masculine in looks. Lots of body hair, boxy face, wide shoulders, and, to top it all off, been bald for like 4-5 years now. So even in a perfect world where I had more dysmorphia and wanted to transition, I would never be the person I want to be.

Both of these combined sent me into one of the worst doom spirals ive had in my life, and i've had a *lot* of doom spirals

I feel like if I hadn't encountered /tttt/, I would accept my current state as 'acceptance'? But I'm prevented from resolving this mentally because of that meme about reppers and how it's always gonna come out someday, so might as well start now. It sucks

Might not be helpful, but worth remembering there are always other cool ways to shake things up and explore. Play with styles, get into fashion, fragrance, creative pursuits.

>meme about reppers and how it's always gonna come out someday
This is so fucking true. Were it not for John, 50 and grasping at youngshit brainworms (I'm 20) I would be repping rn. Instead, I am in purgatory.

Also:
>bald
wearing a wig will be so easy

I'm secondposting to say that there's no almost about it: I do wish I had more dysphoria. I want to be in pain and have HRT fix it. I want to be a trans woman. I want to say fuck it and be happy with my HRT body, but I don't think I would be and I'm scared of reverse dysphoria because I have so little regular dysphoria. Fuck me.

>wearing a wig will be so easy
idk i feel extremely pathetic wearing one, and im sure that has to do with my inner male ego because women with alopecia wear one just fine, but that's how it is

the dumbest part about this is that i can't even explain this to friends or family irl. the level of schizo analysis ive done on my own gender is almost impossible to express to people who arent doing the exact same thing

I will read anything and everything you want to share, user :)

you had me worried but I looked up the critera for a diagnosis and basically none of them actually apply. I know I can be expressive and emotional, and I know I enjoy intimacy and closeness. Really curious what tipped you off to be SPD? I'm btw