Does therapy work?

Does therapy work?

Attached: CtY9h13WAAEsNfz.jpg (320x213, 15.61K)

I dunno. I felt like I got stared at and had a lot of empty silences in therapy.

No
Next question

No.
It’s either a turbo normie that can’t understand anything and just gawks with a mixture of confusion and disgust, or an extreme bleeding heart sunshine-and-gumdrops INFP motherfucker that will give retarded advice that only makes sense if you live inside of a pozzed after school special where bigotry doesn’t exist.
t. Agoraphobic omegaschizo

It worked for me, drastically improved my depression back then

Then how do I not kill myself?

You just kinda don’t.

>Does therapy work?
In my experience, nothing works.

Why shouldn't it work lol. Behavioral therapy is based and definitely helped me.

No, but if you want to keep getting your "make the voices stop" pills sometimes they make you go I'm about to call a new one today.....ugh

find things that you look forward to.

it CAN work. but you need to find the right therapist for you, thats the hard part. not only a good therapist, but a good therapist on a model that makes sense to you.

this user must be some kind of trainable animal, so behavioral therapy worked wonders there, but not everyone is like that, some are deluded hippies and need deluded hippy therapy, or snobby talk therapy so you need some hyperjew psychoanalist to perform the cure, etc.

Therapy for what? Some mental illnesses can be treated really effectively with our current knowledge and methods others barely at all

If you put the required mental work into it, it will work. But it won’t work if you don’t do shit and just let the brainworms consume you

Im a repper and i went to therapy 10 years ago, doctor send me there because of le depression, i broke down crying within the first 2 minutes of my first session.
Roastie therapist just said"lol why are you crying?" "You dont have any reason to cry".
I didnt even know what was wrong with me at the time and that roasties comment made me feel even worse.
It was unironically a traumatic experience. I never went there again.

Therapy works to manage the dysphoria while transitioning, so long as you can get a therapist who is trans
Don't believe the anons who say you shouldn't see a therapist who is trans; not having to explain what dysphoria is or how it is triggered is fucking crucial to having positive therapeutic experiences
That said, therapy won't make dysphoria go away, only transitioning does

Real depressed people are too numb to cry, you were most likely being a drama queen

Based college counselor-tier therapy advice

i dunno
i think good therapy might be part of a good environment and mindset

but then also i'm an ugly male so they can't talk me into being pretty

>go to therapy
>get told i’m severely, clinically depressed
>referred to psychiatrist
>put on meds
>try to rope, something i never did pre-meds
>stop taking meds and going to therapy, revert to prior state, still surviving

i personally did not have a good experience

oh you wanted ANTI-depressants?? why didn't you just say so I thought you said you wanted to kill yourself but you were too scared so we gave you pills to help you along with that /s

Unironically this