This is going to seem like an incredibly autistic thread but I'm being genuine here...

this is going to seem like an incredibly autistic thread but I'm being genuine here. this thread is mostly aimed at transgender people (both mtf and ftm), but anyone may respond.
when you want to talk/reach out to someone online, what is the opposite of a red flag for you? what about a person makes you think that talking to them is a good/safe idea? I've been getting more and more friend requests on discord recently, a majority of them being from trans people from the various servers I'm in, but it's odd because I do not consider myself to be trans (agender, he/they), and I had assumed that a vast majority of trans people are worried about being on the end of some shitty conversations? generally speaking I always keep dms disabled, so server members are forced to add me as a friend if they want to dm me, but I also generally never get friend requests anyway.
maybe I'm over thinking this, but it strikes me as weird. I don't know what changed recently. I don't mind the dms. just seems like there are loads of better people than me that people could choose to talk to.

Attached: asdf.png (510x632, 108.17K)

important thread

>when you want to talk/reach out to someone online, what is the opposite of a red flag for you?
not having any ideological views I find unacceptable + intelligent + empathetic and not narcissistic

is there's a mental illness that is the opposite of narcissism, I probably have it

severe depression

liking pokémon

that's fine. no one will be upset if I kill myself.

>when you want to talk/reach out to someone online, what is the opposite of a red flag for you?
having cats and sharing pics of them. Of the discord randoms i've talked to, the ones that have cats and like to trade cat pics are generally way more positive and better at holding a conversation

no, that's the mental illness talking. I'd be upset

in fact, the people who tend to kill themselves tend to be the people least deserving of death and most likely to make others upset, and the people who really wouldn't make people upset if they killed themselves tend to love themselves and love life the most

reality is a meme

this is genuinely probably a good green flag. I don't have cats because I live alone and can hardly take care of myself, let alone another animal as well, but I love cats and pics of cats

hmm I don't have space for a cat right now, what about a frog

I'm posting as an user, no one on this site would have any clue if I killed myself. you wouldn't have a chance to be upset.
but I disagree. I think I'm deserving of death, at least more so than others. I'm a pretty shitty dude. army veteran, high school dropout, no kids, no partner, living with random roommates, basically just working to live, and living to work at the moment. you could count the people who might be upset with one hand.

This is because nice people recognize how evil they are inside and are determined not to let it show, pretending to be a good person. This eats them alive until they can't take it anymore.
People who deserve to die either don't recognize how awful they are, or do, and decide to live for themselves instead of pleasing others. They do not have an internal pressure of leading a virtuous life, which makes their lives relatively easy.

>This is because nice people recognize how evil they are inside and are determined not to let it show, pretending to be a good person. This eats them alive until they can't take it anymore.
all this tells me is that I absolutely need to kill myself lol.

>but I disagree. I think I'm deserving of death, at least more so than others. I'm a pretty shitty dude. army veteran, high school dropout, no kids, no partner, living with random roommates, basically just working to live, and living to work at the moment. you could count the people who might be upset with one hand.
by "would be upset" I mean proportionally, not in absolute terms. plenty of homeless people die without anyone being upset but it's because no one knew them period

unless you committed war crimes while in the army, you definitely don't deserve to die and aren't a shitty person for dropping out of high school or not having kids or a partner. a high percentage of people don't have kids or a partner and some of the smartest and most productive people I've known were high school dropouts

probably most of your life, including wanting to kill yourself, stems from a neurological problem where you can't feel happiness and motivation, rather than anything intrinsic to your character or moral worth

I'm just here to interject and vent my own suicidal and depressive feelings, not to help you. I wish I had the courage to kill myself instead of just moaning about it online and never committing to anything.

Don't die, kids.
Dying is gay.

I only don't have the courage to kill myself because if I kill myself before my mother dies, she'll spend the rest of her life with some kind of guilt. whenever she passes away, that will likely be the reason I've needed.

yeah. we only matter when we're a statistic. if I'm alive, I can't be added to scary suicide statistics, therefore I'm worthless.

narcissism + depression go together often though
narcissism isn't just "I think I'm the best" just as depression isn't just "I'm feeling sad"

maybe I'm just weirded out by people finally caring about me. would it be weirder to let them care about me, or to keep them at arm's length?
I care about people, I really do. I just wish people did not care about me.

It's normal to be apprehensive, but you shouldn't take it for granted to have people who care. It's something everyone needs

The opposite of a red flag is a green flag.