I was assaulted by a folk musician about a year ago and they just dropped a new album today

I was assaulted by a folk musician about a year ago and they just dropped a new album today.

I keep seeing everyone who has hurt me be happy and successful and have all their dreams come true. I'm starting to wonder if God put me on Earth just to be food for these people. Why the fuck is it so hard for me to just say "get your fucking hands off me"? The other day I was looking at our text messages and like 3/4 of it was me apologizing for not setting clearer boundaries. What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm having a bad fucking mental health week and this isn't helping.

Attached: 1634430207918.png (1190x1103, 1.83M)

>I'm starting to wonder if God put me on Earth just to be food for these people
Consider the humble cow

I know that herbivores are super important but I just really want to believe that I'm more than that, okay?

I'm not going to tell you how to feel, situations like this are scary and hard. Actually telling someone to stop during an assault can be just as scary as the assault itself, never knowing how the attacker will react feels like death, like your hands are tied. The apologizing is also common, feeling like it's your fault is a direct reaction to the trust you put in this person being completely betrayed. Your strong for surviving this, and even stronger for sharing. No one deserves to be touched In a nonconsensual manner and whoever did this to you is a sick sick person who needs to be reformed. Im not going to give any cliche words of motivation because I do not believe they benefit this topic. But just know you have every right to feel sick, and every right to heal.

The last thing I'll say and you may not agree with this and I respect that, but if you ever feel like you have a safe enough group of people in your life who can protect you, you can always publicly out the bastard as a creep. Completely ruin his career and reputation. He deserves every moment of it.

Sorry if I said anything out of line, I just want to to feel safe

Want you to feel safe*

>Completely ruin his career
their^

And.... thanks, I appreciate this post.

Of course I wish you the best user

>I was assaulted by a folk musician about a year ago and they just dropped a new album today.

who was it?

Please don't. I'd really rather not sic Any Forums on them....

The fucked up thing is I actually really like(d) this person, which is also part of why it was so easy for me to be hurt by them (my toxic trait is I'm bad at setting boundaries with people I'm attracted to)

The song "Slither" by Black Dresses is really relatable. These lines in particular:
>You asked me what was wrong, Sincere, and I couldn't answer. I wish it was easier to hate you. I wish you were a bad person, But instead I just think that I am for wanting that.
>I wish you knew what you did, But I don't want to tell you. It would be easier if you were something I had nightmares about, Instead of ugly, complicated dreams. I want to flatten you into a villain, But I think that would only turn me into one.
I want to forgive this person. I know it sounds nuts, but somehow I feel like that's very important for my healing. Forgiveness has never been my strong suit. I wonder if this is the lesson God is trying to teach me?

That's very mature of you sevenleaf, also those tracks Devi and rook wrote about their respect experiences with assault are very personal to me and my experience aswell, you have impeccable taste

Move the fuck on.
>be a man
>get raped
>move the fuck on
Where does dwelling get you? Clear not success

>>be a man
I'm not though.

wow, a folk musician released an album? sounds like she just has a hobby and not any kind of material "success" beyond a fulfilling life, which you could also have.
clearly

That’s what you get when you’re pushing your tits out for 40 year old men Phoebe

I know it's Any Forums and this is just like probably the kind of trash you say on here but sincerely, What the fuck is wrong with you dude.

so this is a larp. that’s what i figured.

You’re a fucking pussy. You could expose them as revenge. Instead you want to turn the other cheek.
My enemies will always fall by their own sword without me having to do anything about it, but sometimes it helps to give the universe a little encouragement it needs.

if the perpetrator is AFAB this would 100% backfire

You are not the big tough badass you think you are. Life is more complicated than that.

Y’all white niggas are completely pussified