Should I become a trip?

I'm sure my posts will drastically increase the quality of this board on the website boards.4channel.org.
Also, there's that about the most annoying trips, but what are the best ones?

Attached: 1080p bearsuit.jpg (1520x1080, 113.91K)

Trips are intended for if the OP is going to have active involvement in the thread and needs to prove they are the same person in each post, ie a creative fiction writer doing an AMA.

Having an identity on this site goes against the entire point imo.

>Trips are intended for if the OP is going to have active involvement in the thread and needs to prove they are the same person in each post
I understand. Are there any creative ways people have used trips, specifically on this board?
>ie a creative fiction writer doing an AMA.
Any people like that or are most of them just attention whores posting their opinions onto the board.
>Having an identity on this site goes against the entire point imo.
Yeah, yeah, I get it.

I detest tripfags but I'm willing to grant the possibility there could one day be a trip who's so funny, so intelligent, so insightful, so creative, and so interesting that people, including myself, begrudgingly give them a pass.

I've been on Any Forums for 15 years and I've yet to see a single one who's anywhere close to that in any board. They're typically lower quality than the average user, even. Which is part of the impetus: they want attention they couldn't get from their writing alone.

>I understand. Are there any creative ways people have used trips, specifically on this board?
No. The closest is Mother Bat, but she's not really creative. Just helpful/motherly.

There are 1 or 2 trips who are "non-annoying" but that's not exactly the highest praise. (The rest are all egregiously annoying.)

There are no good trips. Only neutral or stupidly abhorrent trips. 80% chance you’ll be abhorrent with some sort of notable brain-worms or somethin

Attached: 189B7B7F-05CF-4285-9495-527D8A4D1FD4.jpg (538x648, 142.36K)

I am calling you out as a trip larping.

>I detest tripfags but I'm willing to grant the possibility there could one day be a trip who's so funny, so intelligent, so insightful, so creative, and so interesting that people, including myself, begrudgingly give them a pass.
>I've been on Any Forums for 15 years and I've yet to see a single one who's anywhere close to that in any board. They're typically lower quality than the average user, even. Which is part of the impetus: they want attention they couldn't get from their writing alone.
I guess you make a good point, especially that last sentence; trips are usually attention whores because they couldn't get enough attention on their own as anons of some sort.
I am not a trip, I can tell you that much.

>Should I become a trip?
yup It's fun to piss people off

Attached: boomer_boymoder.png (512x512, 248.74K)

I think you are one of the few trips that hurts themselves more doing this more than pissing others off.

you absolutely are a trip

What do you even do most of the time besides just...idk, post boomer boymoder pics and sometimes pics of anime girls? I don't follow your posts much, sorry.
Hmm, how does she do that?
I'm literally not. Feel free to take a guess which one I am if you really think I am a trip larping, though.

>I guess you make a good point, especially that last sentence; trips are usually attention whores because they couldn't get enough attention on their own as anons of some sort.
Exactly. If your posts are good enough, they'll stand up on their own.

Persistently standing out from the crowd on an anonymous site is a huge taboo for a reason.

I'd say to only do it if you're so exceptional that you feel like you truly deserve the attention. When deadmau5 and a few other celebrities have posted on Any Forums, that's reasonable. I'm fine with big celebrities using tripcodes. But unless you're every famous or accomplished or truly just an unrivaled genius, you don't deserve the attention. You're trying to get something you don't deserve.

>yup It's fun to piss people off
This is arguably the only benefit you get from it, besides attention, but if you crave attention and pissing people off and spend all day every day doing it, you're probably not living a happy life.

I think they probably aren't.

very*

I promised myself if I ever want to trip I will actually end myself.

That's proof that you're based and self-respecting, then.

>When deadmau5 and a few other celebrities have posted on Any Forums, that's reasonable.
Seriously? I didn't know that deadmau5 talked with a trip on this site, I knew about some other people who later became kinda important, like Toby Fox when he was developing Undertale, but not about celebrities like THAT.

I honestly feel like the only time I would become a trip is in that scenario which you described, if I truly felt like I've made something and am already popular enough on my own and I'd wanna do an AMA or something, idk. I just posed the question of why people become trips and what you gain from it because I found it interesting, desu.

the only good trips were in /bmg/ and they pretty much all left or stopped tripping after the jannie nukening

“bmg” “good trips” You gotta kidding yourself user.

go back to mmg or mtfg or whatever, jealousy is not a good look honey
you will never be in the clique

I guess? Tho I stop caring again. Prob for the best.
Just post out of bordom
>pissing people off and spend all day every day doing it, you're probably not living a happy life.
Yup. Even in my avatarfag days I was not happy and still not but whatever. It's help a lot with talking to other lok

Attached: siiiip.png (316x549, 47.15K)

>Seriously? I didn't know that deadmau5 talked with a trip on this site, I knew about some other people who later became kinda important, like Toby Fox when he was developing Undertale, but not about celebrities like THAT.
I think he used to be an user Any Forumstard when he was a young teenager. After he became famous, he occasionally posted AMAs or random shit in Any Forums and Any Forums. I think he and moot were posting in some stickied thread together like 10 years ago or something.

He probably only ever posted with a trip for like...5 - 8 days in total, maybe once every year or two. He definitely wasn't like an actual tripfag or site user after he became famous. Like most successful people he probably spends very little time writing shit on message boards. He just occasionally stopped by.

Just saying that's one example where it's merited. I don't think I know of a 4channer who became famous and then kept consistently posting with a trip. One or two people in Any Forums became mildly successful musicians but I think they never used a trip at any point and just posted as user.

That would be pretty interesting if they were actually acclaimed and respected but still posted here a lot. But it seems daily 4channer + acclaimed successful celebrity are almost certainly mutually exclusive.