've noticed something about people who self-insert

They tend to have low metacognitive abilities. It is almost like they are unable to empathize with fictional characters and for them to have any connection with a story they MUST be the main character. They can never enjoy the spectacle. I guess that is just the difference between the masses and myself. Would harem, isekai, and shonen series be as popular if the average IQ of each demographic was raised by a SD? I think not.

Attached: MV5BNjIzMzI4YzAtMmVlOC00NTM5LTljYWItNDhkYTY5OTNlZTZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQVRoaXJkUGFydHlJbmdlc3Rpb25Xb3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,0,500,281_.jpg (500x281, 12.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/242558778/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Self-insert" is just a buzzword for shows/characters you don't like I haven't met a single person who "self inserts" into any character.

You aren't media literate then.

look at any /u/-adjacent thread, they're always full of hetcucks who can't stand being unable to self-insert as the guy who fucks all the girls

how are people unable to self-insert? should i have a good reason to do so, i suppose i could self-insert as the fly from chip n dale's rescue rangers.

being unable to is its own problem

>'ve noticed something about people who fuck my wife
>They tend to have low metacognitive abilities. It is almost like they are unable to empathize with a partner and for them to have any connection with a sex act they MUST be the bull. They can never enjoy the spectacle of just watching and enjoying the show. I guess that is just the difference between the masses and myself. Would cuckoldry be more popular if the average IQ of each demographic was raised by a SD? I think so.

>Would harem, isekai, and shonen series be as popular if the average IQ of each demographic was raised by a SD? I think not.

Attached: They hated based anon because he told them the truth.png (447x447, 351K)

Not anime related.
Fuck off with your pseud shit

I'll bite:
No, it has NOTHING to do with self-insert shit
It has something to do with unironically enjoying bad things

At the surface level, fiction is just fiction. An entertainment like any other
The problem arises when you cannot fathom the difference between good and bad fiction.

Fiction is not just fiction
Your taste is a reflection of your identity

Abstract world is often seen as something silly and shouldn't matter in the metaphysical world

But riddle me this:
What are numbers?
What is money?
What is status?
What is patriotism?

All abstract definitions that hold significant, if not overwhelming influence over our daily lives.

Your taste in entertainment is no different

Hence why people who enjoy isekai unironically, and would even refuse to admit that there are better stuff outside the comfort zone, tend to have low IQ

Attached: 56xFeaqsTOn7L_TAEaZOdOxIHVFu1rJLwEbaROie6gg.png (640x681, 289.87K)

I think a lot of people who go on about self-inserting ironically do self insert in their own way.
A lot of the time self-inserting seems to mean empathizing and caring about one specific character and no other. Which is basically the whole idea of isekai and its god fantasies.

But still, people blame the audiences too much for it when this is fundamentally how many stories are written. The author himself sees the MC as a reflection/extension of himself, intends to put the audience in the shoes of this character to go on this path of growth or whatever. So it's no accident

i feel like i have seen this thread before

I've noticed something about people who enjoy power-fantasy; they are all low-IQ 3rd worlders from shitskin countries like south america or really poor asian countries, or they are hikikomori. Specifically people who like really like Overlord and Momonga as a character are the kind of people who have no power in their own lives and just want their favorite guy to win no matter what. Overlord fanboys have the same energy as soccer/football fanboys. It's pathetic, honestly.

self-insert is when the writer does it dipshit, if the viewer is doing it, it's just an insert.

Agreed, nobody actually self-insert besides the autistic and schizophrenic like Chris-chan. These anons just mean easily relateable/generic characters and retards like just mean any male lead.

What's your sample size?

Template thread:
desuarchive.org/a/thread/242558778/

I gladly self-insert myself into loser mc and I get angry when he gets to loose his virginity because I cannot relate to him anymore at that point.

Wrong

It was made yesterday too at the same hours

They'd be less popular, but the surviving works would be better. Harem, isekai and shonen have all untapped potential, that is barely used because the self-inserts make them sell well without development.

>"Self-insert" is just a buzzword for shows/characters you don't like
Oh, look, yet another retard being an assumer towards what someone else likes/dislikes. News at 11.

>Not anime related.
It is anime/manga related even if you don't like it. Cry a river.

Post your top 3 favorite anime so we can laugh at your totally original pseud taste.

Everybody self-inserts a little bit, user.
On some level, empathy is just self-insertion.