I'm drunk as shit watching Char's Counter Attack.......It's fucking sick

I'm drunk as shit watching Char's Counter Attack.......It's fucking sick

Attached: gundman-char-ticketing-opt-dbca37c6871cc9a3e08174c0790becf2.jpg (1000x1480, 287.33K)

Enjoy Amuro casually kicking the shit out of all Zeon forces possible, once he gets in the Nu.

It's pretty solid. Hideaki Anno apparently thinks it's unironically a Japanese cultural cornerstone, though Yoshiyuki Tomino thinks it's just average.

Quess needed correction.

>Yoshiyuki Tomino thinks it's just average.
Oh shit, first time I agree with Tomino.

Hathway is top 5 dumb motherfuckers

>implying old man Tomino isn't always right

Attached: Tomino SNK.png (644x99, 6.13K)

Attached: tomino shinkai.jpg (1200x984, 162.61K)

OP here I just finished the film. Before this I thought that Char was the coolest motherfucker in the world does anyone else this film made him seem kind of lame.

This movie takes the mask off of the character, figuratively and literally.

He's a pathetic manchild misanthrope who's having a petty tantrum having lived his entire life whining and clinging on to perceived childhood wrongdoings. To have the badass anti-hero cultural icon deconstructed and exposed as this is the true genius of the movie.

Attached: 1643854050677.jpg (1920x1080, 351.16K)

Yeah I understood his character pretty well before I watched this. I guess I just don't like character clearly stating their motivation.

If CCA made you dislike Char you are a faggot.

One thing that bugged me in Unicorn was when Mineva has her whole speech about how "even though Char was petty and insane you're even worse because you act rationally" to Full Frontal and the directing suggests that we are supposed to buy into it. I think Tomino always intended for Char to be someone pitiable, but he became this icon for the Gundam fandom. CCA should have put Char to rest in that sense, yet other Gundam shows try so hard to make Char clones and keep idolizing him in some sense or another, by Unicorn the Char clones were literal. Tomino kept his masked men, but they always were nothing much like Char,Iron Mask, Chornicle, Barron, Harry, Luin, they all had their own thing going on.

This man is too BASED to die!

It's a cool movie but I don't like how it mostly ignores Zeta and (understandably) ZZ, hell, it took until the PS1 games retelling to outright state that Char finding out about Kamille's fate was what pushed him over the edge and led to his CC depiction.

I wonder how much his later depiction of Char was influenced by Sunrise execs forcing him to add Charclones into his other shows, the contrivance of Bern becoming the black knight in Dunbine especially comes to mind.

Attached: Dunbine - 31 [BD 720p AAC] [1F9267ED].mkv_snapshot_17.33.844_[2021.02.09_15.45.28].jpg (960x720, 95.94K)

holy fuck i just got a new dimension of respect for based sociopath murder man

It gets interesting once you realise that the entire plot of CCA is just Char's overly elaborate assisted suicide plan so he can be with his mommygf.

I'm not sure, Ideon, Xabungle (not done this one yet, so not 100% sure) and L-Gaim were all free of masked men antagonists. Bern as Black Knight comes off more like Iron Mask and Barron to me, people who are hiding their identity due to shame while they try to do something about it. Bern/Black Knight was a new archetype that Tomino actually would repeat throughout his shows. Much like how Dunbine starts the trend of red headed love interest who causes the male protagonist to switch sides, as that got repeated in Brain Powerd and G-Reco.

>have sex already
I wonder what Tomino thinks of ghibli works

Oh? You rike girl characta?
TOO BAD

Attached: 1643166203712.png (1165x1600, 627.07K)