Your new name

is it ever acceptable to name yourself after a video game character, /tttt/?

Attached: file.png (753x399, 57.08K)

the only acceptable thing is to ask your parents hey mom hey dad what would you have named me if i were born a girl
mostly because if you didn't do this at a very young age i don't believe you're dysphoric

There are plenty of dumb names, and retarded parents who make bad choices. I think it's fine, if it's fine for my non-religious parents to give me a religious name.
I didn't pick my current legal name either, it was picked as a joke to emasculate me, but it turned out to be a good fit.

sir Kikestein the 2nd

If you're naming yourself Zelda or Samus or some shit, absolutely not. But there are hundreds of fire emblem characters, plenty of them have normal names, and as long as it isn't an ostentatious name, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I got my name from a song I love, picrel, idk if that's acceptable or not

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-103008_Chrome.jpg (751x1537, 241.43K)

Yeah Im getting my name changed to Pikachu

>mostly because if you didn't do this at a very young age i don't believe you're dysphoric
my mom told me it much later. desu i was complaining about my name and was trying to coax the answer out of her lol

i hate both of the names my parents gave me. i internally cringe inside if someone calls me by my middle name

Didn't see that this was r/ftm right away, but before I noticed that I immediately knew that this was a pooner named Ephraim.
Did he post name in the thread? And if so am I correct?

Screenshotted that version bc it was the first google result but I just realized some of the lyrics aren't right lol

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-103205_Chrome.jpg (1080x1545, 310.45K)

if you have to name yourself it's because your parents aren't supportive and don't want to help you
then you just take the list of most common names for your birth year and pick one
naming yourself after anything from a videogame is retarded pooner tier but hey have fun grilling those veggies link

My parents wouldn't tell me. I just took the feminine form of the name I was given. I feel like they use that as another excuse not to take me seriously, hoping I'll detrans.

checked their post history and they did not in fact state what exactly their name was for some odd reason
sorry, cannot confirm, but ephraim was my first guess as well lol

Sure, but like, half of the top 20 girls names are Fire Emblem characters anyways lmao. The way I see it, if it's a common enough name that isn't odd for others around you, it doesn't really matter where it came from

>get a shot at naming yourself unlike most other people
>still buy into the idea of asking your (usually transphobic in the case of most tranner's experiences) parents to name you
What an absolute cuck

>the feminine form of the name I was given.
i hate the feminine form of my name. i think it's an ugly name
so many better names to pick

Name yourself after anything you want, so long as it's a normal fucking name. Fire emblem apparently has a guy called "Edward" and if that floats your boat, fucking go for it champ, just don't get all mopey when someone clocks you because your name is "Chrom"

>look up babynames for girls
>pick one that has the same starting letter and sounds cool

I've asked my parents this and they said they legit had trouble picking out any girls' names for their kids.

I asked my mom if there were any alternate ideas for what she would've been named (I have two younger sisters so I can't go with what I would've been named) and went by her answer for a few months. Then I realized that my parents hated me and that I'm in this alone and did my own thing

Asked my parents this, they chose a name I didn’t like

suck it up sweetie, plenty of girls have names they don't like

Same, ended up as Timantha would not recommend.

edward is such an ayyden name holy shit, might as well as post dark academia moodboards while you're at it