Makeup General /mg/

Hello everyone! I wanted to start a new general to discuss makeup and how we use them!

Did you transition from M to F?
Did you use makeup? If not, why not?
Would you like to use makeup but are too shy or afraid? (explain)
Do you have any makeup advice or techniques you can share?
Any tips for looking more feminine based on your skull-shape etc?

Makeup General!

Attached: file.png (900x675, 883.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beautybrainsblush.com/beginner/makeup-101/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>MtF (boymoder)
>Not in public
>Yeah. I practise in private sometimes and I think it looks good. But the thought of wearing it in public makes me want to kms. Also eyeshadow is fucking scary cos it always looks shit so i gave up trying.
>idk i'm probably not one to give advice but I would say keep it subtle at first.
>keep eyebrows maintained i guess

im mtf what are good resources for starting on makeup?

is there a beginners kit for make up I can buy to just try things? whenever I try to try make up I just get turned off by the sheer amount of different things there are lol.

It's so tiresome when you look for a basic makeup routine tutorial and the person uses, like, 10 products.

Attached: 1597372171480.png (657x527, 237.79K)

I'd love to have something super basic, like not to sound like a creep but aimed at like 8-11 year old girls who really start with 0 knowledge, since that's practically where I'm at. Most youtube tutorials I've seen seem to be aimed at teen girls who've been at it for 5 years already, and its already past my skill set (which is zero)

I use it but im not good at it. I can only do basic stuff

>foundation
>concealer
>countour
>bronzer/blush
>brow pencil/pen
>eyeliner
>eyeshadow
>mascara
>lips
it's not TEN products... (unless I'm forgetting something)

I'm Asian and I use tone-up sunscreens which work really well for me. A couple of my favorites are biore's watery gel and canmake's white sun gel. Missha's all around sun block also gives my skin a youthful texture.

>>Yeah. I practise in private sometimes and I think it looks good. But the thought of wearing it in public makes me want to kms. Also eyeshadow is fucking scary cos it always looks shit so i gave up trying.

That's good! If you put it on at home will you keep it on for the full duration of the day, or take it off after an hour or so?
How did it feel to wear makeup for the first time? I think you should continue trying to use and wear eyeshadow!

How about this?
beautybrainsblush.com/beginner/makeup-101/
This page seems pretty good!

Keep at it anons!

also boymoder here, i feel u on eyeshadow ughhh
my personal recommendation is getting some unflashy (but decent) foundation, concealer, blush, light/subtle eyeshadow pallette, maybe lip gloss, and an eyeliner pencil to mess around. plus basic brushes, sponges, and some qtips. the pallettes especially often give u some instructions on how theyre best used (usually on the back)

kind of as i said above, personally it seems to me like the best way is just starting with simple things (foundation, concealer, blush, etc.) and work ur way up gradually once u have a confort level. it depends whether u just want to do it as a passing thing or want to get all artsy with it. i'm still only w the basics but going back into boymode :/

I did not start transitionning yet.
I like make up, but I wanna try being natural, so I don't use make up neither piercings.
I don't have much knowledge about make up.

>Did you transition from M to F?
yes
>Did you use makeup? If not, why not?
yes
>Would you like to use makeup but are too shy or afraid? (explain)
n/a
>Do you have any makeup advice or techniques you can share?
tightlining eyeliner is good, dont underestimate the importance of concealer for eye bags
also mascara is really good, literally any cheap kind from a drugstore is still going to make a difference
>Any tips for looking more feminine based on your skull-shape etc?
uhhh idk that would really depend on the person

i came out to my family in october so i got a lot of sephora giftcards for christmas that i havent used yet, like over $150 worth, but im not sure what i want to use it on yet.

can anyone recommend a good liquid eyeliner or good brands for eyeshadow? or mascara?
i use drugstore makeup mainly, which i find works fine for foundation, and i have some concealer that my mom got me (laura mercier i think) so im not really sure how to upgrade from here

>That's good! If you put it on at home will you keep it on for the full duration of the day, or take it off after an hour or so?
I normally do it at night when my family's asleep, like the AGP crosdressing fetishist I am, so I take it off after a while.
>How did it feel to wear makeup for the first time?
The first times was bad because I had cheap/poorly chosen products and I was obviously bad at applying it. It just made me look like a hon and that made me sad.
>I think you should continue trying to use and wear eyeshadow!
maybe... i honestly just don't know wear to start with picking the right colours etc. Plus I don't rlly understand what it changes about the face or wtv. Also i'm not sure my palette/brushes are good enough.

does mascara make any actual difference?
what can you do about eyebrows since i don't want to thin and shape them

nta but mascara makes a huge difference

mascara is huge
about eyebrows maybe stop being a fucktard and go get them done then just mantain the shape and fill them in using a pencil

Don't use it no. In part because autism prevents most of the products from being on me, but I'm trying to learn a limited set of things I can tolerate because it feels embarrassing to be a woman and have to say you don't know how to do makeup

So... 9

>>brow pencil/pen
different user, but does this actually do anything?
like I keep my eyebrows maintained in a nice shape so do i rlly need to fill them in or wtv? like does it even change anything?

i'm just a cd tho

i'm using living with my parents as an excuse to not learn makeup

i have been telling myself i am going to learn eyeliner for years and make my eyebrows not look so awful.
eyebrows are kinda longer lasting so people would see me with my eyebrows done...

>Any tips for looking more feminine based on your skull-shape etc?
hah i wish i knew, just recently my mom and dad didn't shut up about how "great" my jaw and forehead are lol

Twinks can use makeup to

>stop being a fucktard and go get them done
that's the hard part for me tho
i can't bring myself to go anywhere and do that because i look like a man and i don't want to hon it up

Thanks for recs, my current sunscreen is pretty low quality
T. hapa

if you have perfect brows you don't need it
take your pills
>just recently my mom and dad didn't shut up about how "great" my jaw and forehead are
they know and they're not supportive, move out
take your pills
>i look like a man
time to honmode sister