Why is there always one or more series about a kissless hugless virgin with no friends getting transported to a fantasy...

Why is there always one or more series about a kissless hugless virgin with no friends getting transported to a fantasy world in which a bunch of underage girls and women like him and beg him to enslave them?

Attached: 1662759657650.jpg (1200x675, 274.86K)

It's popular

It's the perfect self insert story for lonely virgins who are waifu hopping.

Attached: 1660444433597308.jpg (1079x1150, 430.16K)

Isn't that like 98% of animes tho

Attached: 1662759912917.jpg (1280x720, 208.86K)

Honestly the better question is why there's so damn many of these light novels in the first place to adapt

Surely they're close to running out, right? By now they've gotten almost all of them, I imagine?

They know their market

There's a website, I forgot the name, which is a giant repository where every faggot with a keyboard can upload their drivel for a chance to be noticed. There's no shortage of material

48% of LNs were published by Kadokawa
All of them were made at Narou, which Kadokawa also owns

Kadokawa owns no franchise that idols, gatcha, music, toys, or vtubers

They had their chance with Kancolle, Kemono Friends, and NicoNico. All of which they squandered instead of cultivated.

Even FromSoft (DarkSouls dev) was Kadokawa worker but Kadokawa's management consist of nothing but idiots and squandered their potential.
Bandai hired them to create almost all the entire Souls series. (Bloodborne is Sony, Sekihiro is Activision)
Kadokawa received nothing but pity alms from that and they are seething. Never realized that they are sitting on a fucking gold mine

Kadokawa really has nothing on their ass.
Nothing but LNs. It's their one and only life support that's keeping them alive
Their entire business plan is to just throw mud over and over in hopes that one would stick

Attached: +_b1119760ccdc8d8f44d60f1a0ee881d2.jpg (326x235, 9.75K)

>waifu hopping
Do people really? I can't imagine caring so little about my waifu to where I would change to someone else. It would feel like betrayal and abandonment.

On the off chance you're genuinely curious OP:
There's a website called Shosetsuka ni Naro which means "let's try being a novelist". Naro for short. It's a website where anyone can register and start making threads where they essentially serialize self published novels, thread by thread, or chapter by chapter if you will. As you might expect of a pseudonymous den of amateurs on the internet the quality of the "novels" published on this site is on average utterly abysmal. But some of these novels got fairly popular on the website and Japanese publishers began to take notice.
The attraction for publishers is Naro mitigates risk for them. They don't have to try their luck with a manuscript submitted to them the old fashioned way. They get to snatch up IPs that have already developed a real world fanbase on Naro. They get to see if something's popular even before offering money to the author. They don't have to read a manuscript and guess, it's right there on the internet saying "Log Horizon is Popular" for example.
The site had been around for a few years but it began to really pick up steam around 2010. It's been chugging along ever since.

So that's why there's so many anime about a kissless hugless virigin with no friends getting transported to a fantasy world in which a bunch of underage girls and women like him and beg him to enslave them. Because terminally online gigaautists in Japan upboat those stories on Naro. The LN publishers take notice of who got the most upboats and buy the rights to the IP. Then Anime get commissioned to advertise those LN and because just like the Naro is to the LN publishers, so popular LN are to anime production committees, a popular LN represents an established 'safe' fanbase to make an anime for.

The perpetual motion machine shows no sings of slowing down.

>no signs of slowing down.
It's literally repeating the history of mecha and harem.
Studios kept on spamming, never realizing that they have never broken the sales of the ones made a decade ago and actually dwindling.

>kissless hugless virgin with no friends
I haven't read/watched a lot of Shield Hero but he seemed like he'd have friends before he was isekai'd at least, compared to other isekai protagonists.

Nah, check the firet episode

You gotta love how companies never fail to believe that internet points can be converted to money. Not to mention the dirty tricks authors do to squeeze out more views like using bots and spamming short chapters

>You gotta love how companies never fail to believe that internet points can be converted to money.
But they do. You've more sexist and pro-slave propaganda stuff getting published now.

There needs to be a series where an absolute gigachad gets transported to a fantasy world where everyone treats him like a loser.

Entire woke shit marketing revolves around wanting to trend on social media sites

You mean Dragonball (not Z) where the finest warriors are nothing but hobos in the desert

Gigachad cannot become a loser because his character is a sociopath who couldn't give a shit.

Thing is most of these protags are still losers, just powerful ones. I think a straight up Chad isekai would be entertaining, make him a bit of a doofus and have him never have played an RPG. I thinking of my friend who gave me his copy of Skyrim because he killed the Riverwood chicken.

Because most animes are made for escapism

>Skyrim because he killed the Riverwood chicken.
I'm no chad and I did that too kek

Basically Tanya.
Chad in real life, Chad in new life. Written by a Chad.

She really stands out amongst the big 4

Who didn't but he was straight baffled by everything after the linear opening and gave up. It's funny these guys are fine in GTA but throw them in a fantasy setting it's just "laws? what laws?"