Are the JoJo's OvAs really that bad? How come no one never talks about them?

Are the JoJo's OvAs really that bad? How come no one never talks about them?

Attached: MV5BYmE2N2ZkNGYtYjhkMS00MmNiLWIzYTMtYzhjYTE2N2YwMTk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg (500x340, 33.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1xq6xg8khs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The designs take several liberties from the manga and that triggers the fans of the shitty David slideshows.

I watched both OVAs. They were shit. Especially now that we have DP to compare with. The 2001 one had a really dark tone which was novel but nothing else. Atrocious animation and artwork

amazing dub

Why talk about the less viewed version? Both are great, but far more has seen the new one.

The designs aren't very faithful though that didn't bother me back then.
The storytelling is trite, soundtrack is unremarkable, they didn't adapt the whole thing, the animation is good at times but quite uninspired.
Literally the only good thing about this is Koyasu's voice acting.
With anime you either make it an adaptation to bait the consoomer into reading the manga or you make it a love letter to the manga, this was neither. You had to read the manga beforehand to understand it otherwise you'd just miss too much since they only adapted a parcel of part 3.
It's not a suitable homage either, you don't get anything from watching it, might as well just read the manga and ignore it, or watch the DP one since it at least adapts the whole thing, more faithfully than anyone expected a newb group to, with nice enough music that it became it's own thing, and still having the glorious Koyasu voice acting.

>Koyasu
>OVAs
What.

No one but dedicated fans bother with them anymore since they have the Davidpro anime. Most don't even bother with the manga.
I thought they were ok for what they were, at least the voice actors didn't talk like retards, but I never liked how the first/newer half looked or how Dio sounded in the second half. I remember people liking the OST of the first half.

The DIO fight is better in the OVA.

This, unless the Blu-ray is better I genuinely think the anime version of Dio's World was far worse....also doesn't have the Sprite billboard

I like them, but I prefer the modern anime. The OVAs has sick ass animation and they adapt pretty well what they actually take, however, it skips too much to be truly enjoyable and the pacing of the prequels of the first half feels quite rushed

Attached: 1643157413800.png (540x301, 176.16K)

It really is, it took a few creative liberties from the manga but I don't think they were that bad and some of the stylistic choices like DIO disappearing from the butcher and the knife he was holding just falls to the ground are top notch

>youtube.com/watch?v=r1xq6xg8khs
I like how he says ZA WALDO. The sound direction sucks tho.

If you crop out the others, the picture of Kakyoin would make for a really good
>Consider the following
image.

The OVA makes it astoundingly clear how much of part 3 is a gigantic waste of time.

I dislike how loud, ugly and boring the new version of the fight is. The stand aura really ruined it, and the way they just float through the air, looks bad. In the OVA, we see every stand propelled jump, and the combat is well animated, smooth and brutal. I'd even say that it's one of my favorite animated fights.

Its a worse adaptation that skips too much although the last dio fight was actually pretty good as user mentioned

the ova has better animation then the anime you fucking retard

Most of every Jojo part is. The series sucks after Part 2 and I hate it, I'm only here because of sunk cost fallacy at this point.

Dio sounds Chinese in the OVA

I was never a fan of Dio's voice in the OVA (especially not once we got Koyasu). But my god I adore the animation and creative liberties taken with displaying Dio's power.
The way The World just ominously spreads it's Time Stop outwards and the inverted colours slowly pan back to normal always gave me chills even back in the day.

I couldn't even make it through one episode of the TV anime because of how hideous it looked, but the 93 OVA was great, amazing draftsmanship and a lot of the best action animation ever.