Berserk

Let's emotions aside and all stuff like "influential manga" to ask and answer a question: was picrel a hack as mangaka?

Any other author would be thrashed to hell after doing even one of things that Miura did to Berserk in the last 20 years. Unregular schedule, weird experiments with atmosphere and characters.

If you say Miura wasn't a hack as mangaka, then authors like Isayama or Oda aren't hacks as well, no? Underwhelming ending, but consistent to the rest of the plot, or extremely repetitive stuff. It's a part of their manga's concept, right? Just as lolis, daddy Guts and jRPG party in presumably dark fantasy manga.

Attached: 9pDOjQC40uTxqbEdEj6kof_rqOyEtXdwdsgEjrpKRhA.png (490x415, 306.1K)

Making Berserk literally made his heart explode

I saw Berk fans whining about how Miura was sick, but I saw them making fun of his health before his death. Was it a known fact? Mori didn't seem to know about his heart problems and they were close friends.

let's put emotions asode* fucking mobile phone autocorrect

What influential manga did berserk inspire? And i mean as stated by the author inspired.

LETS GET SOME PUSSY TONIGHT

I can't recall any significant manga, to be fair. Not where its author clearly said "yes, Berserk by Kentaro Miura inspired my work".

Same with pop culture. I get that soulslikefags can't see anything outside their favorite game series, but was Berserk really that influential to the world's dark fantasy and the way it got depicted?

>they were close friends.
stop spreading this lie

Claymore

>Any other author would be thrashed to hell after doing even one of things that Miura did to Berserk in the last 20 years. Unregular schedule, weird experiments with atmosphere and characters.
Togashi never gets trashed and Greed island was a pretty chill arc compared to Yorknew and Chimera ants. The atmosphere is fine because it only changed on that one island because they were being of good and light
>Just as lolis, daddy Guts and jRPG party in presumably dark fantasy manga.
Genre change is fine just do it well, I'll say Berserk did it fairly well not perfect but well, I mean the golden age was a medieval fiction for most of its run everything else was dark fantasy, now it is heroic fantasy with dark elements. What made Isayama bad wasn't genre change(in fact people praised it for that) it was the plot convinces, too much plot armour, character inconsistencies and retarded time travel shit which compounded in the end. What makes people dislike new One piece isn't genre change cuz I actually think genre change keep one piece fresh, what makes me dislike it is lack of character growth, asspull powers and an increase in 1D characters

>What influential manga did berserk inspire? And i mean as stated by the author inspired.
AOT

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 1.09.25 PM.png (1024x196, 72.68K)

Who knows, maybe he got sick of drawing Berserk but it paid the bills.

That guy looks like Joji

Then why do you people bring this shit as one of the most influential mangaka of all time? Is everyone on this board that delusional?

kys snkuck
you have to be atleast 18 to post here

Take your pills, schizo. They knew each other for years, were fellow mangakas, met a lot of times to talk, and even planned to go on a trip once Berserk ends.

Ah right, I forgot about Attack on Titan. My bad. However to be fair, Isayama took so many inspirations, according to his own words, that we can't say that Berserk was the most important one.
>OP mentions Shingeki no Kyojin, because it is an example of popular manga getting thrashed in recent hears
>"hurr snkcuck, adults only here hahaha"
Well, I really hope you are just zoomer in disguise trying to act cool, not a Redditor neckbeard sharing his autism.

Berserk got considerably better after the Eclipse.
>was Berserk really that influential to the world's dark fantasy and the way it got depicted?
Not at all, Miura just copy-pasted stuff from western cinema like The Name of the Rose, the Evil Dead franchise and Phantom of the Paradise.

Attached: 1636938381545.jpg (2185x1473, 2.9M)

I know right.
I don't. I appreciate his art, but to me he was not close to manga titans. Very good mangaka, special one, but it's not like he was the greatest mangaka of all time.

Thanks for this picrel. A lot of panels in Berserk seemed really weirdly familiar to me. I got few references, but in few other cases I just thought that perhaps I was having deja vu. It appears I didn't.

While influences and references are good and all, it is outrageous how Berkfags say that Berserk has redefined dark fantasy.

They must think that "The Name of the Rose" was influenced by Conviction arc, not the other way around.

Don't forget the Demon's Souls references.

Holy shit, what a hack.

>Was it a known fact? Mori didn't seem to know about his heart problems and they were close friends.
I think the chapter comments mentioned him having to slow down and take better care of his health. But in the nipponese work culture that demands and glorifies working yourself to death/depression/suicide, the point where you literally HAVE to slow down is far too late.

Miura was the furthest thing from a hack. If anything, he was a turbo autist trying to make the perfect manga. But all our tastes change and opinions usually mellow as we grow older, so Miura's best at 50 was no longer the peak of Berserk. Most people peak at their late 20s/early 30s, which for Miura would've been around the lost children arc.

Actually, those games were influenced by Berserk. However one video games series can't be treated as whole popculture, lol. Especially when that series is niche.

Doroherodo

According to Berserkfags, even the Bible was inspired by Berserk. I'm not joking. That fanbase is retarded and I am not surprised you were bamboozled into thinking that Berserk could have been influential in any way.

But what to expect from insecure folks who wank to Griffith doing nasty things, but go apeshit every time somebody mentions Donovan or Wyald?

Edgy side of Berserk fandom can be annoying, but at least they are not delusional hypocrites.

Did Miura ever got some pussy tonight?

I was always of the opinion that reading Berserk post GA is not really worth it