Code Geass

Spent most of my life thinking this was one of the greatest anime of all time. Recently rewatched it with some friends and it was painfully difficult to get through. Was it always this bad or have our standards changed?

Attached: cc.png (1280x720, 748.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vBXAAVkBOyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was always bad, you simply grew up.

it was always that bad but its not actuallly bad, just camp

I don't know what you're on about. I played the geass gacha game recently which retold the tv series with little variation, and it was even more epic than what I remembered. Lelouch is the patron god of all the chuunis in the world

i distinctly remember watching code geass with Any Forums and thinking the consensus was that it was enjoyable because it was so bad. am i mistaken? did people actually think it was good? i see this opinion posted a lot lately

>painfully difficult to get through.
How? It's a trainwreck that somehow lands the ending that is full of twists, turns and cliffhangers. But yes, maybe you simply outgrew the teenage drama.

There is a reason why Yuuta from Chuunibyou has the same voice as Lelouch.
youtube.com/watch?v=vBXAAVkBOyY

Attached: b345493f04e2039e8b75dbc4aa12236a.png (600x350, 214.23K)

Yeah I used to think it was amazing when I watched it first getting into anime. Years later after watching a ton of other stuff and getting older, I realize Code Geass is still a pretty good show in the world of anime but there’s a lot of really stupid moments in it. Right now 86 seems to be the next Code Geass that avoids a lot of the stupidity. Also if you want just a pure good mech show on the shorter side give 0080 War in the Pocket a shot. It’s only six episodes and is the best Gundam story ever told.

Thanks for the recs :)

Yes, it was
/m/ used to laugh at it and the fact that Any Forums ironically liked it

currently rewatching s2 with some friends, halfway through, havent formed an opinion on it quite yet. Season 1 has one bad episode, with the cat. its really painful, but its not even an entire episode, and it leads into the tower, which is great.

R2 was always fucking terrible, I thought this even at the time it was running.

But it’s still good...

I rewatched it after that shitty fucking sequel came out, wondering the same thing. But no I still really love the original TV show, it was just that movie that didn't do anything for me at all.

In terms of how much I enjoy it I still rate it among my top 5 out of the almost 600 anime I have watched at this point. I'm going to go ahead and say your tastes have just changed. Talking in objectives when it comes to media is retarded, if you no longer like something that you used to adore then you've obviously changed in a way that effects your subjective experiences. Nothing wrong with that. I used to love Pokémon when I was a young child, I occasionally revisit a movie here or there for nostalgia but I could not stand watching the show if I tried to today.

Such a severe lack of LOYALTY in this thread...

Attached: 12918484125.jpg (1217x1046, 88.85K)

You mistook the fun you had shitposting about it with it actually being good

>/m/
Opinion discarded. They like even shittier shows.

I rewatched it last year for the first time since 2007 and it was even better than I remembered, in a whole different league compared to shit they air today

My tolerance for anime bullshit gets worse and worse as the years go on and code geass happens to have an egregious amount of it.

>Spent most of my life thinking this was one of the greatest anime of all time
Wow you're a fucking idiot then, or that was the only anime you watched

I wasn't impressed either (way too many asspulls, ham and dei ex machina) but it's true that the girls in Code Geass are top tier.
Any Forums insists that the bullshit script and shameless plot holes are part of the charm.

After Valvrave I don’t see how anyone can expect anything Okouchi writes to be good. His shows are usually just an amazingly entertaining train wreck. Can’t wait to see what he does with his own full fucking Gundam show.

The story was alright, but the presentation was shit.
You only remembered the broad strokes, thus fooling you into thinking it was good.

Its very entertaining if you watch it week by week but bingeing you can see a lot of flaws.