2000-2012 Anime

Talk about the period that is slowly fading out of everyone's memory, after the industry switched to digital but before streaming made anime what it is now. Mention old favorites, recent rewatches, and new discoveries. The industry made a ton of anime in this period, they ought not all be forgotten.

I started watching Shuffle after several anons praised it when talking about 00s harem anime, or maybe it is just one. It's a genre I'm generally not into, but so far I like it. The drawings are simple and loose but well proportioned and expressive, the color design and compositing is rich but not oversaturated or gaudy, and it has a decent amount of nice immersive shots. I find the female characters a bit more tolerable than in something like Kannon or Air as well, though I hope the show gets a bit less expository and the girls gain a bit more personality, everyone is still a bit bland, but I imagine that will probably improve.

Attached: sh1.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b_hp6iaeoMA
youtube.com/watch?v=HFpPyw9I40I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Futakoi Alternative is one I want to get back to. I loved the show when it was upbeat, but it has some major tonal whiplash, which I don't hate, but just wasn't what I was in the mood for when I tried to watch it. It has that great mid 00s look which would be so fun to play with as an animator.

Attached: FA1.webm (640x480, 1.27M)

Attached: FA2.webm (640x480, 1.79M)

Attached: FA3.webm (640x480, 1.5M)

Attached: FA4.webm (640x480, 2.3M)

Futakoi alternative made me realize at 10 years old i love delicious flat chest.

>He only like flat chests instead of loving big massive tits and flat chests.

They're both great user, why miss out on one to favor the other when you can have both. I say this as a man who has been with plenty of flat chested women and plenty of massive large to massive sized tits.

Attached: 1620327733854.jpg (1446x1080, 343.44K)

Attached: 5chan 00s pop.png (2597x3517, 3.92M)

>Futakoi Alternative
this show can fuck off
Futakoi was actually pretty good for a generic fetish cashgrab anime, but I'll never forgive Alternative for making a spinoff series about the literal worst pair of twins from the first anime
makes me even madder that there's not really been any twin anime remotely as good as it, apart from Kiss X Sis which most people remember more for piss girl than actual twin shenanigans

Attached: 1405681086367.jpg (306x400, 34.65K)

I miss the aesthetics of a city where the only source of light is the dawn set sky providing everything a warm orange hue.

It's very pretty, respect to the talented background artists who could make those scenes come to life.

Septuplets were always the future anyways.

Attached: shinichinnonana1.jpg (1920x1080, 552.76K)

> 2000-2012 Anime
>Mention old favorites
> 2000: Inuyasha
> 2001: Hellsing
> 2004: Elfen Lied
> 2006: Higurashi no naku koro ni
> 2010: Angel Beats!
>inb4 3/5 of those have tear-jerkers
whatever.

i still feel disappointed that Elfen Lied ceased production after the first and only season while the manga kept going.
though, it's probably for the best that diaper girl didn't get animated.

getting old is a surreal feeling - looking back at a time that can now only be accessed through memories.
as unsettling as it is, countless people have been through this same experience of an inescapable fate.
it's wild to see how far japanese animation has come from inception to the present.

Hellsing was one of the first digital anime I would rent out consistently back right when it came out. At that age I didn't really notice the difference between cel and digital coloring, it just seemed like the same kind of cool gory anime I would rent like Ninja Scroll. I never did see Hellsing Ultimate.

it was interesting to watch, although i wasn't too fond of seras' composition.
i don't delve too much into fighting based anime or gore, but hellsing was enough of an exception after i got hooked on it.

I remembered I very much liked Futakoi but got disheartened when I read the plot for alternative. I had the very same sentiments about Gunparade March

Maybe I should watch Futakoi this week.

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Gunparade_March_Ep11_(CD39F8BB).mkv_snapshot_13.49.633.jpg (1920x1080, 245.21K)

The last golden age of Otaku culture.

I still remember when I first played Shuffle eroge. It is full of cliche now, but back then it was still widely accepted and enjoyed.

For me it is Onegai Teacher. Still the best romance anime for me with plausible narrative and fantastic soundtrack, humane and deep interaction with well-built sidekicks. In that regard I may check out Vermeil in gold later.

Attached: onegaiteacher_.jpg (723x1000, 155.5K)

They had a really cute romance. I wish I had finished it. It's so interesting that they basically remade it as Ano Natsu de Matteru a decade later.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-01-07-02h34m50s389.png (1440x1080, 1.33M)

Attached: annatsusensei.jpg (850x567, 128.53K)

I really wish they had kept the VN op for the anime adaptation of Shuffle. The song is such a banger.

youtu.be/b_hp6iaeoMA

I know it's kind of a meme, but I still really love Elfen Lied. I guess I'm just nostalgic because it was like an adolescents thing.
I was an angsty teen at the time and it had all the stupid shit, violence and social isolation. I related to young Lucy because my childhood wasn't exactly rainbows and puppies either.

I'm not delusional either, I know the plot is stupid, the characters are all retarded, a lot of the scenes are just weird fetish bait. But I'm not gonna pretend that I don't still think it's a cool show even if it's a meme.

Attached: lucy.jpg (300x225, 16.06K)

All things aside, the OST for Elfen Lied was absolutely great.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFpPyw9I40I