Why is Japan so good at 3d in games, but absolute dogshit in film or anime?

Why is Japan so good at 3d in games, but absolute dogshit in film or anime?

Attached: download (1).jpg (259x195, 7.23K)

Everyone is dogshit at 3D. We simply don't have the technology yet to make it good.

We do, but 3DCGI will never look look if they keep trying to emulate real life or 2D animation, they are different and have different rules.

Games make tons of money.

Toy Story is better than 3D shit produced ny Japan today

there is genuinely no excuse for why CyberConnect2 games for the Xbox 360 from 12 years ago have better 3D animation than the actual Japanese animation industry.

Chinese is ok

Because video games have the money and talent. If you're good at 3D animation/design, why would you waste your talents on cheap ass TV anime when you have better prospects elsewhere?

Wrong, 3D is best when it does look like 2D animation. Dogshit like the OP or Advent Children is awful.

>cheap ass TV anime
Nah. Even the theatrical 3D films from well established and experienced studios look like total fucking dogshit. Again, look at a CyberConnect 2 game and they absolutely BTFO the entire professional industry even though they only make low to medium budget anime shovelware games.

the sad thing is both Spirits Within and Advent Children are still some of the best looking 3D animated movies Japan has ever done

i love earwig!

This. Just look at animation in their shitty naruturd games.
Blows the shit out of literally any 3d anime today.

Because all the good and experienced 3d artist work in the video game industry instead.

Attached: 20220705_143924.jpg (267x145, 7.91K)

This guy is right if you're a talented 3D animator, you don't go to an anime studio to slave away for minimum wage and compulsory, unpaid overtime, and no recognition. No, you go to Nintendo, or Square Enix, or literally any gaming studio over anime. The same goes for anime films. The talent pool for 3D animators in anime is a lot, a LOT smaller than the one for gaming. And they don't compare to even the middling of the latter, let alone their top. We've known this for decades. Fucking PSP cutscenes from 18 years ago BTFO any and all 3D anime made up to this point.

I always wonder if Square Enix 10 minutes 3d animation costs as much as entire season of shitty 3d anime series.

Mappa's 3D is good

>Again, look at a CyberConnect 2 game and they absolutely BTFO the entire professional industry even though they only make low to medium budget anime shovelware games.
Because they have the fucking TALENT. All of it is relatively new blood too, because there's no legendary 40+ years experienced 3D animator showing the new generation the way.

They can if they want to.

Almost any western 3D series are also shit.

For a good 3D you need very experienced artists, it's harder to delegate it to cheap chinese slave children. Most of good 3d artists prefer game industry or strive to work in Pixar.

Attached: alexandrit-houseki-no-kuni.gif (498x278, 2.81M)

I don't know, but I'd wager it's cheaper, because you only have to put one department to work, and aside from actually designing the models from scratch, you'd only have to direct them with mocap, and then establish the scenery with Aftereffect or Retas, or whatever the fuck they use. Meanwhile for anime, you're putting the whole studio to work, and probably bringing a lot of outside contractors to do your work because none of your artists know jackshit about 3D.

They're probably given guidance from senior 3D animators, something that video game industry has, but not anime.

I'm sorry, but Arcane shits on the entirety of anime history in 3D fidelity. Your picrel looks like a fucking Monty RWBY episode with more sparkles, if not worse.