You know it's true

You know it's true

Attached: smart.png (1520x1034, 915.39K)

Filtered by mahjong

Yeah, it is. Unfortunately, /a has shit taste.

Tetsuya > Akagi

Nice bait

Only if you're a secondary. Washizu Mahjong was a genuine threat to Akagi, and then by the time Ten happens, EVERYBODY is doing insane shit. There's a very clear line where Akagi was a sociopath because a had nothing and then proceeds to lose that edge as he got older.

Akagi frustrates me explicitly because I understand mahjong. Its attempts at hype moments are all just him optimizing for the draws necessary to win, and then eventually getting them. He's a good player, but it's never mind-blowing. Saki is dumb as shit in comparison, but at least all the super powers make the games interesting to strategize.
If I were made to pick between NGNL and Akagi, I would probably take NGNL. Not all of their twist solutions are bangers, but there are enough fun strategies to keep me excited.

Nothing what you said is related to OPs pic.

He sid plenty of research on Washizu and even made plans
All of his decisioons are rational from his point of view
He has tons of flaws too

You forgot:
>only wins because his opponents are retarded

Attached: pawnup3spaces.jpg (1920x1080, 392.03K)

Washizu really was a fucking idiot. All the luck in the world, but he's too much of a prideful idiot to just take the easy win

Did he give away the secret cheat to winning the game on the very first move?

I'm not going to try and claim that chess was the best game in NGNL, but that wasn't really a cheat. It was just the rules of the game. The cheat was that she had hacked her charisma stat.

>Black is outsmarted and outpositioned
>About to lose
>Stands up and makes one of the cringiest speeches I’ve ever heard “Le cute girl!!! Simping is great!”
>His chess pieces now fight harder and he wins, with zero strategy or tactics needed
I was already struggling to get past the way him trying to rape the fallen Princess was played as a joke, but I immediately dropped the series there.

Sora is a genius written correctly
Shiro isnt
But both play off each other very well

Attached: i_008.jpg (1280x1810, 467.57K)

Whatever you call it, my point still stands. There was absolutely no reason to make that rule defying move on the first turn, it will only tell your opponent how the game works so you lose your otherwise sure win advantage. If you save up the rule defying moves for when they really matter, preferably when checkmate is in reach then your opponent won't have any hint to what the secret is and there's not way you can lose. Instead this bimbo reveals her trump card along with her whole fucking hand from the beginning to do what? Move a pawn up 3 spaces? What the hell was that supposed to accomplish? Why reveal all your secrets for such a worthless move?

And this isn't the only game with problems, the angel didn't even try to win and the werebeast guy was cheating by communicating with the fox girl and could watch all the contestants on big screens yet only tells her about footsteps.

I haven't seen the right one, but if you think the left is actually good, then you're retarded just like the show is.

Soooooo many plot holes and most of their "smartness" isn't even smart, it's bullshit and doesn't even make sense.

I guess I'd say the defense case looks like this:
>Kurami legitimately believes that humans can't beat magic, and therefore her win is a given
>Instead, she's focused on making the argument for her foreign policy plan: team up with friendly magic users and take a subservient role
>To do this most effectively, she needs to convince the observing ministers that magic truly is utterly dominant, and thus flaunts her unprovable cheats from the start
>From a meta-narrative standpoint, this also buttresses the overall thematic conflict between the way Sora views games and and gives him the opportunity to display his foreign policy objective, as the other races are equally convinced that magic is unbeatable
The other games you listed usually fall somewhere within this realm as well, although exceptions exist as Kohaku start getting taken more seriously later on in the series, and their opponents begin going for all-out wins from the start.

The funniest shit is how in real life the author actually got caught tracing. He thought could cheat his way like Sora but since the real world isn't as dumb as his, he couldn't get away with it.

Attached: notracenomoney.png (966x466, 591.74K)

How would Sora fare against the girls in Saki?

It's fiction, he'd fare as well as the author wrote him to.

I agree.

That's not an argument.

oh, just shut the fuck up, you faglord. you can take guesses about fictional things just as well as you can about real things. a thing being fictional isn't a get out of jail free card, nor is it a reason to just give up on thinking about it. good fiction always has some rules and consistency. fiction != random chaos.

It is, in fact, a get out of jail free card.
>Sora takes advantage of the girls' powers to turn the tables on them
>Saki overwhelms Sora with her heart of the cards
Both of these are equally legitimate answers, and which is chosen is entirely dependent on the author. Asking for some kind of objective power ranking is retarded. "What are some ways this story could go?" is fun and worth considering, but "Who would win?" is just pointless.

Both have serious flaws, but as a gamer/gambler I still love them.

NGNL got incest loli kino
akagi is asexual
of course Sorachad and Shirostacy win by default