Why do people prefer the 1999 version? Is it just to be a contrarian? 1999 just feels "cheap" to me as far as OST...

Why do people prefer the 1999 version? Is it just to be a contrarian? 1999 just feels "cheap" to me as far as OST, art and especially VA goes

Attached: r1y7ddtkj2951.jpg (1920x1920, 202.91K)

I haven't seen it yet. But I'm sure some people just prefer the cel shaded aesthetic over digital. It isn't an unusual preference.

>art
The art direction in 99 vastly superior, and I'm saying this as someone who actually likes 2011

Attached: 1653945647382.jpg (3832x2400, 2.1M)

This.
And I personally prefer the 99 OST. Overall the old version felt more like an adventure to me.

I forgot how beautiful it looks.
Computer drawing was a mistake

I like the 1999 version better but 99 Killua feels so fucking weird to me

read the manga, now fuck off

Probably because they made him a lot meaner and edgier while also having a much higher pitched voice. They also made Gon way nicer and gentle. That being said I personally really like 99 Killua

Most people who prefer 99 are manga readers that see the anime as supplementary to the manga, basically like fanart. If you look at it that way then 99 blows 2011 out of the water. If you want an overall better anime it’ll probably go to 2011 though.

Theyre all dogshite
>"Characters have real progression unlike One Piece Naruto and Bleach"
>Its literally just characters getting asspull chi magic after 2 month Rockt Balboa training montages
>"The fights are so intricate and smart"
>Its just more magic chi asspull powers badly trying to ape Jojo fights and the actual action is dogshit compared to Bleach or Naruto
>"The story and characters doe!"
>The setting is the manga equivalent of a generic Unity asset flip or RPGmaker game with no theme or consistency, while the characters including Gon are all one note hollow fags with no soul or personality, the world map is literally just Earths continents moved around in photoshop

Its time to admit that Shart X Mart was never that great (pic rel, a superior series with far better potential lol)

Attached: d20.png (680x510, 481.14K)

pretty much this

Pretty much this

Yeah, I feel like 99 is closer to Togashi's original vision. It also shares more in common with YYH due to the cel animation and painted backgrounds

>Wan piss viewers
>Complaining about magic chi asspull powers

Attached: 1662598304914268.png (778x662, 666.53K)

Imagine liking One Piece after the timeskip, that's just fucking embarrassing. Hope you enjoyed the last four years of complete nonsense in not-Japan as well faggot

I prefer the old color palette, new one is too bright and has weird skin tones.

yep, flawless composition and colours

Draw it better.
And no don't post pics from CA as refutations

Only thing I like of the 1999 version is that it's dubbed in Italian, and most importantly, Killua, Gon and Kurapika are dubbed by actual guys.
I fucking hate in every retarded anime where guys are dubbed by women and you can always hear that.
Nobody sounds like a girl when they're 14 or 15 or even 10 irl, at least when they speak Italian.

Attached: 100percentseinen.jpg (500x500, 44.26K)

Cel animations are far more superior than digital ones. Case closed.

>I feel like 99 is closer to Togashi's original vision.
Hmm I actually always saw 99 as the director's own version of HxH, especially given how different characters like Killua and Gon are written. Almost none of the shots in that collage look like anything Togashi has drawn. I still think the art in 99 is fantastic, it's just not Togashi