Truly tragic. Anno could have saved millions

Truly tragic. Anno could have saved millions.

Attached: FZCogN3WAAEZDwv.jpg (527x582, 73.25K)

he was not going to waste the chance to show the finger to the fans
Also Asuka is his waifu, she can't marry shinji

>Also Asuka is his waifu, she can't marry shinji
Isn't Shinji his self-insert?

God save the queen of Any Forums

Attached: asuka that veruca.jpg (1576x2048, 181.14K)

I'm still more upset that Shinji ended up with Mari than I am Asuka ended up with Kensuke. Make no mistake. I'm pretty upset that Asuka ended up with Kensuke, and still Shinji and Mari makes me more upset.

She has no character, personality, no arc or development, no growth. There's nothing to her except rule of cool and tits.

I'm a big tits and asses and glasses kind of guy with a soft spot for brunettes. Mari would have been easy to pitch to me except I have taste. And I'm an Asukafag to my bones...so maybe not too easy.

Attached: 1638010433858.png (1525x741, 241.29K)

I hope anno fucking dies

I wouldn't mind Asuka with anyone else, but Kensuke felt so fucking random. In other Evangelion media they dive into his desire of being an Eva pilot, and Anno had a chance to do that idea himself. All we got is a shadow of the original Kensuke who does not do much in the rebuilds compared to the original series, which was not much to begin with but still leagues better.

Does Anno actually hate his so called "fans"?

Doesn't Anno focus more on indulging himself rather than the audience? The final rebuild movie was pure meta wank about himself and his hometown.

Of course it's true. I heard it on Any Forums.

Attached: everyone has to start somewhere.png (1523x1078, 1.23M)

billy bat's last third is such a dissapointment

He wants to be a cool contrarian like that old hack Miyazaki so he says he hates his fans.
If he would say
>I hate my fans because they only watch my anime for the attractive women and don't care about the story or themes I'm trying to display.
I would understand him but no to my knowledge he is just acting a like a 4 year old who goes to bed when him mom tells him not to.

Has Anno actually said he hates his fans?

he pities them

Attached: shredkek.jpg (1080x1183, 368.48K)

Not really. He mentioned in some article that he wants to help his fans leave their otaku life style behind, though what he considers an otaku is just liking Evangelion.

HE probably wanted to destroy the tsundere archetype that he perceives asuka to creating, except asuka is just a small part of the archtype's popularity and it is WAY too late to do that as these four and their clones have become the face of tsunderes (taiga being the queen of tsunderes) since then and tsunderes have completely died off way before the final rebuild released.

Attached: BnCG8NsCcAA9YMC.jpg (640x640, 100.17K)

Yes

>Hitler has pleb taste
Puh-lease.

Asuka was his waifu in his self-hating Otaku phase.
Mari is self-insert of his current wife which he interprets as "real girl".

>Mari is self-insert of his current wife which he interprets as "real girl".
which is funny because Mari is nothing like a real girl at all and is a mary sue pixy dream girl.

How does he plan on helping them? By providing them with more "escapism"?

Attached: 1660392838456.png (505x1184, 328.31K)