Tetsuwan Birdy

Is it just me , or is the remake inferior to OVA .

Attached: Bird.png (500x710, 377.12K)

It aint just you.

Imagine having an interesting and unique character design, then waking up one day and saying "let's make it worse"

I like both, but OVA Birdy with her wild bangs and tomboy personality is my fav.

Attached: birdyOVA1080p.mp4_snapshot_01.15.29.132.jpg (1416x1080, 401.54K)

As remakes often are

It is
Even her voice is a downgrade

what's with all the recent birdy threads?

I wouldn't say downgrade, but OVA Birdy had more varrieties in her voice and I liked the more laid back cadence Kotono Mitsuishi gave her.

>TV vs OVA
Of course

I like that Birdy's taller than Tsutomu.

Attached: 1-n.jpg (845x1200, 225.29K)

>Decode has superior Sakuga and better OP
No.

OVA had better atmosphere and character moments, but both are great.

Attached: birdy_math.webm (640x480, 2.83M)

OVA has better character designs and animation. But story wise I'd say Decode 02 > OVA > Decode.

Attached: Birdy's Ass.jpg (720x691, 95.18K)

OVA needs a proper remaster.

Attached: birdy1080ptest3.mp4_snapshot_01.01.43.241.jpg (1416x1080, 379.21K)

Nah, youre in good company. This place is full of schizos that prioritize trivialities over the only thing that matters in a storytelling medium, telling a good story.

>old good new bad
Fuck off retard

>visuals don't matter in a visual medium

Attached: birdy_wall.webm (640x480, 2.63M)

May as well repost this from the last thread.
Something I noticed while watching the OVA is that while Birdy is able to deflect a bullet off her face, Gomez is vulnerable to gunfire. I also noticed he never attacks Birdy directly, and eith sneaks up on her or evades her. Makes me wonder if she's actually stonger than him (possibly being a more advanced super soldier) while he has more experience. Would have been interesting to see how this all played out in a rematch between them.
I also noticed that all the while Gomez is trying and failing to keep things from getting out of hand (he's unable to control Hikawa and Revil seems content to sit back and watch the chaos). His cryptic comments about deciding whether Revi is a goddess or a monster make me think he's a double agent for another group allied with Revi that got in way over his head.

Attached: birdyOVA1080p.mp4_snapshot_01.53.26.265.jpg (1416x1080, 228.63K)

Analog > Digital 2000s

The story is literally just a framing device to make everything else shine. This is true for every story, no matter the medium, that isn't pure pulp fiction.

*Audio-visual medium. And yes, the difference is massive, retard-kun. Go to a classic art gallery some time and see if you can spot the difference.

Story isn't the wikipedia summary, it's the whole.

Film is a harmony of image, text, performance, music, a lot of things. Hyperfixation on only one element strikes me as missing the big picture.

>Decode is forever in Aniplex jail with Baccano and FMA 2003

Attached: 1440915405064.jpg (599x321, 54.16K)