Amazon Japan Bans “Harmful Books” Dr. Stone and Arenai Encyclopedia

>In February of this year, Amazon Japan delisted two books penned by Dr. Stone‘s Yakuri Kyoshitsu – the pseudonym used by a collective a group of scientists, themselves headed by another scientist going by the pen name of Professor Kurare, who work with Inagaki to ensure that the manga’s chemistry details are accurate.
>These books, the Arienai Medical Encyclopedia and Arenai Craft Encyclopedia entries into the group’s award-winning Arienai Rika (tr. Impossible Science) series, presented readers with non-fiction guides to creating makeshift gadgets and equipment modifications for such items as motorcycles and everyday appliances.
>According to Japanese online news publisher Nijimen, when series publisher Sansai Books contacted Amazon Japan to inquire as to why these titles had been removed from their online storefront, the corporation responded by informing them that this action was taken in accordance with new ordinances established within the Tottori prefecture.
>Amazon Japan further cited their “Guidelines for Adult Media Products” as an additional reason for their suspension of the books’ sales – despite the fact that the books do not qualify as ‘adult’ under any sexual or violent definition.
>Eventually, the publisher inquired directly with the Tottori prefectural government as to which specific parts of the books they considered to be “harmful”, to which government representatives responded with a one-page summary of their new Youth Healthy Development Ordinance.

>boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/07/amazon-japan-bans-harmful-books-penned-by-dr-stone-science-consultation-team/
>nijimen.net/topics/333511

Attached: 2022.09.02-03.33-boundingintocomics-63117993eac19.png (1461x1080, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/07/amazon-japan-bans-harmful-books-penned-by-dr-stone-science-consultation-team/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bet Tsukasa did this

I guess its natural that japs reconsidered teaching kids how to make a gunpowder since schinzo abe accident

>ongoing UN meetings discussing future cybercrime laws and conventions
>besides standard security and infrastructure related laws there are ralka about fighting against content-related cybercrime
>countries such as Australia and Russia proposed that video games, anime and manga be regulated according to those laws
Be honest Any Forums, how much time do the manga and anime industries have left? I'm actually worried because nowadays it seems that more restrictions seem to be passed and are more accepted compared to 10 to 15 years ago. Japanese prefectures are using the Abe assassination as a chance to further their local censorship laws.

I mean, I wouldn't like people following "inventive" guidelines from Dr. Stone of all things myself

Anytime now sis

>be talented jap scientist
>be angry at government
>want to bomb government but don't want to lose life
>write Manga teaching others how to make them to see if someone else will
yea I'm thinking based

>Be Boichi
>BE making manga for a while now
>None of them get popular enough for an anime
>One day, make it too Shonen Jump
>Get big break with Dr.Stone
>Finally, one of your series is popular
>Just when everything is going well, fucking Amazon Japan bans your best work
Man, that's gotta suck.

Boichi didn't write Dr. Stone, idiot
He's also not the series' science consultant and not the guy who wrote these encyclopedias
All Boichi did was draw it

Wait so you just can't buy Dr. Stone on amazon in japan anymore? What the fuck

at best 20 years

No, OP's subject line is misleading. The manga itself is not affected according to the articles. Only these Anarchist Cookbook-lite books authored by science consultants who worked on the manga.

>All Boichi did was draw it
That's the most important part

The actual problem was too much ass in a kid's science show. Boichi overdid with the asses.

Attached: 1592151077308.jpg (784x1145, 565.64K)

Can't wait for Japanese prefectures to start banning physics, engineering and chemistry textbooks.

How do you even get to that conclusion from this

what went wrong?

Attached: Dr.Stone.jpg (869x1299, 324.23K)

The illustrated Anarchist's Cookbook is probably less bannable than this

>>boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/07/amazon-japan-bans-harmful-books-penned-by-dr-stone-science-consultation-team/
>look at the comments
>muh sjws
>muh leftists
God, please kill mutts.

They are right
Kill yourself subhuman

You can easily find instructions for anything ranging from harmless pranks to actual pipe/pot bombs on the internet, not even using TOR
this doesn't stop anyone

funny thing is this isn't the fault of groups like that
it's just old people in local government offices

This was banned by some LDP skeletors you retarded Any Forums shitter.

Thank god the based conservative boomers of Japan is saving the nation

Why is everyone even assuming this was fucking Anarchist's Cookbook
They were Medical and Craft Encyclopedia, they probably said you could wrap cuts with carpets rubbed with hand sanitizers or something

Well, can you?

ok sheamus

Never seen this is this like breaking bad?

Attached: walter white.png (873x540, 878.23K)

sometimes yeah but it's more about making shit to fuck with stone age people who are very stubborn

you can't ban resourceful and intelligent people from figuring stuff unless you ban knowledge itself is his point I guess

>Boichi overdid with the asses.
No... is because you are a fag.

If they could ban booze, they can ban anything.