I miss adult themed, dark, ultra-violent, confusing, sexual, risk taking anime

I miss adult themed, dark, ultra-violent, confusing, sexual, risk taking anime.

Attached: 1.jpg (900x900, 189.08K)

We got plenty of those last decade.

The last one that I somewhat enjoyed was Bastard! and that was just an adaptation from an old manga. And even then, it never quite managed to scratch that itch

Curious how everyone who wants 'adult themed' stories almost universally actually want shounenshit.

Attached: .jpg (2576x2163, 3.35M)

Stop projecting

>I miss adult themed [...] anime
>The last one that I somewhat enjoyed was Bastard!
This does not appear to be projection, buddy

WSJ back then was much more lenient and let pass shit that would've never been allowed today, moeshitter.

>moeshitter.
Heh, who's projecting now????

Ultra violent and sexual work don't seem to be risk taking in the adequate context. Violence is primal and sex sells, so what risks are you actually taking when you're catering to proven audiences?

At least bump my thread if you are gonna make half-witted posts

Too much moeshit in anime nowadays. Even the violent anime is moeshit

Attached: 2010s9.jpg (3098x3873, 1.29M)

You are taking a commercial risk since what becomes successful these days are adaptations of well received, very safe manga and the industry stopped producting Original anime as a result of that. They need to be more family friendly and genki in order for them to sell merch and advertise.

Attached: 90s9.jpg (3098x3873, 1.39M)

ok egdy boy

producing*

God I hate moeshit so much, the real plague of the 10s

There's probably still a ton from the 80s you haven't seen, keep digging

She's got a lot of guts.

OVAs shouldn't count.

Nearly all of these are what you would call moeshit you retard sandmonkey.

Attached: stills vs animation.webm (744x600, 2.73M)

Yeah that's my only saving grace, but it's nice to see some other passionate companion who shares my pain.

Yeah, I like that kind of thing. But no point lamenting the present when we're fortunate to have so many treasures from the past

what anime is this.

I don't know what the right is but midori was made by a single dude, the fact it came out at all is enough.
Very odd gif, taking the worst of anime from the past and comparing it to some of the best, under the guise "you can't judge anime by stills"

Genocyber, learn to reverse image search

I would call 3-4 of those moeshit while I call 8-9 here moeshit and 3 of the show I wouldn't call moeshit here are from 90s franchises that retain 90s design philosophy, the rest is uninspired fujoshit and romcoms that teeter on the edge of moeshit

>I don't know what the right is
>comparing it to some of the best
which is it?

It is some of the best. it's made by studio Ghibli

I mean, you don't have to have seen the movie to understand that the clip you're seeing is good.

ok well I'm confused if you love old anime so much why don't you know one of the best anime by Ghibli from the 2nd best director japan has ever produced