ITT: Anime on Laserdisc

Higher-quality video and audio than it's VHS and Betamax videotape rivals, LaserDisc was a popular choice for Japanese videophiles. Many OVAs were released on both VHS and LaserDisc.

Attached: IMAG6239_large.jpg (480x480, 56.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lddb.com/laserdisc/12189/PILF-2870/Tokyo-Raiders
pustan.net/
github.com/simoninns/DomesdayDuplicator/wiki/Overview
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: v665605272.1.jpg (1024x768, 192.9K)

Attached: img10183243765.jpg (720x540, 92.42K)

Attached: FIST-OF-THE-NORTH-STAR-1986-Anime-RARE.jpg (400x400, 47.88K)

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x486, 54.11K)

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x468, 75.73K)

Attached: 03001257702.jpg (1642x1441, 430.88K)

Comparing laserdiscs to vhs is like comparing shitting in a forest to shitting on the floor of your apartment. I suppose one is better then other but we are civilised people who don't have to live like that.

All laserdiscs found should be ripped immediately and dumped online, then given to the museum or collectors before they perish right in your palms

NOSTALGIA

I have stuff like the 24 disc Maison Ikkoku box, the Ghibli movie LD box, Sailor Moon S box, Kimagure Orange Road perfect memory box, someone paid something like nearly $5k just for those new back in the 90s. Have the Akira 3 disc Criterion Collection that still goes for at least it's new cost $125. Have 100s of discs in all, can't even remember half them.

My collecting slowed down mostly because they are harder to find now and overpriced on ebay, and my autism (literally neuropsychologist diagnosed) can't stand people who don't know how to pack the fucking things (you need to isolate the corners from impact transmission from rough shipping) winding up with crushed corners. Japs nearly always pack well and all my shipping damage was from dumb burgers. But I have a good pile of them at least.

When did japan stop making laserdiscs?

September 2001: lddb.com/laserdisc/12189/PILF-2870/Tokyo-Raiders

is this your collection? pustan.net/

if laserdicks are so great why are there no LD rips?

The quality of LD rips was traditionally terrible due to ripping from LD players that had multiple analog conversions from the LD disc to video output. Recently, an FPGA was developed to allow the raw RF signal to be ripped straight from the LD player's laser, which means that much better rips can be achieved, although it's still 480i video with significant color bleeding.

github.com/simoninns/DomesdayDuplicator/wiki/Overview

Damn, i thought they wouldve kept it going longer since they stopped making players in the late 2000s.

Ive seen alot of people working ghetto upscales off of their players so they could probably do it better now.

Attached: Laserdisc-LD-Mazinga-vs-Devilman-Japan.jpg (400x399, 51.25K)

Anyone else notice that Sailor Moon has been red tinted since the DVD release? Guess we have to either adjust the color balance the BD, or go with the LD.

Attached: y3y8CNb.jpg (2048x1152, 377.77K)

To make her more flesh colored maybe?

One question: Were there hentai that came out in this format?

Either that, or it could be from deteriorating masters, and Toei being too cheap to color balance them.