How in the living fuck would be possible for an Earth scientist to build cyborgs and an android that are stronger than...

How in the living fuck would be possible for an Earth scientist to build cyborgs and an android that are stronger than a galactic villain Frieza and SS?
Is this saga the actual point when DBZ jumped the shark?

Attached: Androids.jpg (360x360, 31.3K)

Why wouldn't a manmade weapon be better than a natural one? Guns can take down bears.

Toriyama only planned for #19 and #20 to be the villains. Goku was heart-sick, so they would absorb his energy due to that (like #19 already did), making himself SS1 level. He would then share it with #20 so they would be equally as strong.

His editor made him forcefully change them because they looked unappealing to him, but the consistency in Toriyama's head was sacrificed for cool factor.

Why would the planet the scientist is from impact the strength of his inventions?

Well fuck, that explains a lot

I just had to designate him somehow, he's not from Namek or Vegeta etc.

Because unless literal magic is involved, technological leaps don't just happen thanks to a genius brain, they depend on a foundation built by predecessors culminating to the whole of human civilization in this case. In other words, the advancement of the civilization said scientist is part of matters. The smartest human back in 1000 AD couldn't invent a microscope or a mini refrigerator. Gero just casually modifying weak normal humans to be even stronger than an alien warlord that ruled a galaxy and enslaved hundreds of advanced races makes close to no sense.

10/10 post

definitely the moment the humans have no chance at helping at all (tenshinshan bro btw)

SPBP. Originally when 19 and 20 were supposed to be the villains, Toriyama had set it up so energy blasts wouldn't work on them due to them absorbing energy and the cast would have to rely on martial arts and weapons. That's also the reason why Trunks wields a sword. Who knows? We could have gotten Goku actually bringing back the Nyoi-Bo which he hadn't used since Demon King Piccolo, Yamcha his scimitar and maybe Krillin could have been gifted Roshi's staff as a sign that he's now the Grand Master of the Turtle School and could have fought them with that and relied on tactics instead of blunt force trauma. This is also when the story went from "non-Saiyans are useless, but at least contribute a good fight or two " to "Saiyan or GTFO."

But that all got scrapped for 2 teenage brats with infinite energy. Which then got scrapped by the editor again for a bugman because of editorial interferences.

goddamnit
damn shame

A friend had a good idea how to fix the in universe power inconsistency and power creep; switch the sagas: androids 1st, then Frieza. Not sure what to do with Trunks

Yamcha jobbed in the first 0.02 seconds of finding the androids. It's safe to assume he and other worthless human fighters wouldn't have made much of a difference even if you put a martial weapon in their hands.

consider this though, it's a fuckin cartoon and the rules of "1000 AD" don't apply to a fucking cartoon lmao. it's like you weirdos are trying to apply man-learned logic to a colorful cartoon about summoning dragons, and fighting really fast in space. it isn't real.

consider this, braindead retard; there has to be in-universe consistency and logic otherwise it's shit

>We could have gotten Goku actually bringing back the Nyoi-Bo which he hadn't used since Demon King Piccolo, Yamcha his scimitar and maybe Krillin could have been gifted Roshi's staff as a sign that he's now the Grand Master of the Turtle School and could have fought them with that and relied on tactics instead of blunt force trauma.
This is literally just you thinking up cool scenarios because the android saga has been around for 30 years. It's old to you, so your brilliant idea is a new and refreshing take, when in reality it sounds absolutely shit lol

>makes close to no sense
>he says literally a few words after describing an alien warlord that ruled a galaxy
Don't ever miss the plot this badly. Are you completely retarded?

Dragon Ball would be a lot better if they stopped after the Namek arc. The story of Goku being some weird space warrior who gets progressively stronger until he reaches a legendary level (SSJ) is really good on its own. Same with the progression of his opponents from lowly Earth thugs to a space conqueror who can casually blow up planets with his index finger in his weakest base form.

Everything after Namek feels like they ran out of ideas, and so decided to turn the series into a never-ending cashgrab rather than a complete solid written story. Who's the next enemy? Uhhh... Some humans who have been modified with robot tech by a Red Ribbon Army scientist (already a used idea in early DB). Why are they more powerful than Freeza or the legendary Super Saiyan who can easily blow up huge planets with little effort? "idk infinite energy generator in their body i guess. lol" And then to fill out the Z Fighters, they introduce a bunch of new Saiyan kids who all master the form as kids. SSJ, which is supposed to be this legendary once in a lifetime occurrence of unfathomable power, is now regularly mastered by children on Earth. AND THEN they degrade it even more by arbitrarily adding more layers/levels like a SSJ2/3 and all the sublayers and sublevels of SSJ. And of course, they also resort to a contrived Terminator time travel plot. The Majin Boo arc was kind of better, but it also does a lot of dumb shit and falls apart by the end.

I kneel
I squeal
My headcanon isn't real
I cope
I mope
Someone hand me a rope
I sin
I never win
I belong in a trash bin
I job
I'm a slob
I'm too short
To reach the doorknob
I smell like a trashbag
My wife's an old hag
I am... a Vegeta fan

Attached: vegeta-kneel.gif (640x360, 2.28M)

It didn't even take us a decade to get from shitty 128kb fliphones to the iphone 4. Meanwhile, Android #8 existed when Goku was a teen. The androids came about over a decade later. Scaling is consistent, if not slower, than typical Earth technological development rates.

Also, suck a cock.

Goddamn, how ironic!
You calling him a retard when you absolutely don't know what in-universe logic and consistency actually mean.

>technological leaps don't just happen thanks to a genius brain
You remember Capsule Corp? This world always was highly advanced.
>Gero just casually modifying weak normal humans
If it was so casually why did he only manage to create 2? Why did it takes so many years to make them?
The world building of DB sucks, I agree but you are not making good points.

17 and 18 were not even androids but modified humans. We're talking about a level of bioengineering or whatever the appropriate term for this is that goes far beyond "mad scientist invents technological breakthrough" and can only be described as divine intervention.

a level of bionengineering that shouldn't be surprising in a world where capsule corp has been around since day 1.