Why isn't Yu-Gi-Oh cool like this anymore?

Why isn't Yu-Gi-Oh cool like this anymore?

Attached: file.png (1628x906, 2.37M)

Its zoomerized like all modern anime

5ds seiyuu got caught in occultism polemics, they can't into cool edgy shit as much since.

author died

They seemed to change focus from D&D/JRPG style monster designs to more 2000's era cartoon style monster designs. Not that there is anything wrong with Heroes and some later archetypes, it just that I strongly prefer the older monster designs. Speaking of, I should finish the DM anime. I stopped after Battle City.
By the way, how is the manga? Is it worth reading if I like the older card game era and the anime? I heard its much different than the anime.

Attached: Bakura-ep83-07-YamiNo-panoujia2.jpg (498x691, 222.29K)

What? No like waiting 15 minutes for your opponent to finish his combo just so you get completely blocked of doing anything in your own turn?

After Battle City there's the DOMA arc, which is kind of like a proto-5d's Dark Signer arc.
The manga is a brisk interesting read up to the point they start focusing on the card game, and a treat after it. By all means read it, and the other season's mangas too.

elaborate

I really recommend the manga. The first 7 volumes are mostly story that doesn't exist in the anime and takes place before, with each chapter or two being a different new game or puzzle. During the middle of this characters like Kaiba, Bakura, and Shadi are established earlier than they are in the anime, and there are a couple of story beats from later anime season 1 episodes that were actually based on early manga chapters. Starting with volume 8 the series essentially follows the manga but with no filler and lots of small instances of being able to push things more. Great art. Give it a go

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 11.24.05 PM.png (1446x1074, 2.42M)

>SOVL
Pre-DM Yugioh
>Soul
DM, Pre-Yubel GX
>Semi-soul
Post-Yubel GX, 5Ds
>Soulless
Everything after 5Ds

>old good new bad
hate shit threads.

As generic taste as possible, lame. Compiled with meme phrases to boot.

Yugioh was never cool. Card games are for nerds.

It is, but you refuse to accept it and pretend otherwise, screaming into your echo chamber.

Attached: 1200px-SEVENS_023.png (1200x675, 618.34K)

>boasts about being too dumb to understand it
Nerds rule this world btw.

>Universal laws make bad threads
seeth zoomer

>old good new bad is a universal law
Meaning the things you grew up on were shit because they were new at the time, millennial rat

>malaysian finger painting forum

Attached: 1429586417277.png (431x700, 412.23K)

Yu-Gi-Oh was never cool. You're just old enough to recognize how cringe it is and nostalgic enough to overlook the old stuff.

Zexal II is peak YuGiOh.

You were never cool.

The DOMA arc sucks and should be skipped when watching the YuGiOh anime.