Art or story more important in manga?

Personally I feel like story is more important than art but then you really special cases like OH great where you get possibly one of the most confusing plot lines ever but its carried by the art which reaches levels that most mangaka cant even dream to have one day. So whats more important to you for a manga? Do you care more about art or story? Makes sense that most people would prioritize art over story since its an artistic medium anyway.

Attached: file.png (1829x1300, 2.14M)

I simply read manga where both are good.

talk about the manga you read then dumbass

the most important are the author's political opinions

>OH great where you get possibly one of the most confusing plot lines ever but its carried by the art which reaches levels that most mangaka cant even dream to have one day.
Fucking lmao, I seriously hope you don't actually believe this. Read more manga.

>read more manga
>doesnt post examples
lol, lmao, kekaroo

Oh great is one of those technically skilled artists (like murata) but for the life of me, they cant seem to evoke any emotions out of me

Story. A manga could have the most impressive art ever but if the story doesn't hook me then I'll drop it quickly

>are the visuals in a visual medium important?
fucking retard
read a book if you want a good story

Imagine speedreading a post on Any Forums kys

>kys
Kill yourself, tourist.

Kys

>can't read
>gets called out
>now he's angry

Attached: 1642859866617.png (1070x492, 693.76K)

i feel myself slowly becoming like this. the more stories i read with good plot and that are overall balanced with all their story elements it makes it hard to read shit like Air gear or BNHA and BC. They all have pretty good art but the story being abysmal makes it so hard to read cause ive grown to connect to characters more than the art and if the people im reading about are shit its no fun. have you always been story > art?

have you read tenten? he isnt the best and making emotions come out but i remember a few times during my time reading tenten where i thought it was genuinely good writing. the first flashback with shin has some pretty nice moments in it

Attached: Tenjo - Tenge Omnibus v08 (2012) (Digital) (LuCaZ) - 146.jpg (3450x2475, 3.19M)

>Air gear or BNHA and BC.
>They all have pretty good art
Horrendous taste.

Art is what makes manga manga

why do you want my attention so badly? are you okay?

thats true but what if you have a case where the story is nonsensical but the art is amazing? would you still push through and finish? i feel like most english speaking manga readers dont care about the art and more are for the story

story is irrelevant, its not real. just look at the good art.

>what if you have a case where the story is nonsensical but the art is amazing?
That describes most battleshonen and romcoms, both of which are extremely popular.

I meant nonsensical in a way where the story is literally impossible to follow or the mangaka is constantly throwing shit at you with no preparation beforehand. A majority of battle shonen do have this but there are times when shit hitting the fan is good for the story. I finished jojo part 6 today and genuinely the last fight of the manga was one the best I've read in a while. I wasn't expecting majority of what happened. Which was really fun.

You don't think dialogue is important?