Anime

How did you get into anime and why like it

Attached: 0aa.jpg (339x460, 19.65K)

>How did you get into anime
Was raised by watching it on tv
>why like it
I like animation and i think its a decent entertainment medium

Misclicked into Any Forums from Any Forums somewhere between 2007 and 2008

Watching Toonami and adult swim as a kid got me into it. I stayed into it because I like animation, Japanese stuff and the kinds of stories that are usually told in anime.

I needed something to do while grinding in an MMO

Naruto started airing on TV and I loved it, so my parents bought me several DVDs to watch the whole shit. Watched EVA after it and became addicted to chink animation. It's been 13-14 years since then iirc.

i started to watch anime with stuff airing on tv with naruto and one piece but what really got me into it was a friend of my big brother who was a huge weeb and he kept recommending me stuff, one day i cracked and started watching magi and then other stuff

my older sister was very much so a typical 90s/early 2000s otaku, she loved kenshin, ranma, ccs, sailor moon, etc.
I mainly read from her manga collection
I don't actually like anime that much, I do enjoy manga for its visual storytelling

I started to play osu 5 years ago. I would watch animes from the music I like to play.

I'm a secondary who got in anime after playing Super Robot Taisen. My first proper anime, not counting childhood ones like pokemon and sailor moons, is Code Geass. Nothing really holds up to that first experience even though it's not in my top ten anymore

I watched cowboy bebop on hulu in 2018

i got bored and decided to click Any Forums one day

Jetix and a Phoenix Wright forum that had a spin off anime forum.

Watched HxH 1999 adaptation as a kid and I've been a fan ever since. I lilke it cuz the authors don't take themselves seriously and are not afraid to create silly shit

Attached: 1661764381343666.jpg (1405x1684, 284.46K)

>vsbattles shitposting
jesus christ op, what r u doin

Attached: 1612525891789.png (835x2062, 390.08K)

>How did you get into anime
I used to watch anime when I was in High school. Now I hate watching it. The voice acting is cringy and the animation is getting worse and worse.
>why like it
I don't. I only read manga, light novels and web novels now.

Attached: 1645084797648.jpg (677x671, 97.05K)

Watched Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and anime-inspired cartoons such as Exosquad on TV since the mid-90s, then got into Power Rangers and tokusatsu, through that into watching mecha anime. Then eventually Lucky Star and Haruhi happened and I drowned in this swamp for good.

I watched dubs of Doraemon, Shin-Chan, Dragon Ball Z, Bakugan, Beyblade, Kochikame, Lucky Man, even Sailor Moon on TV as a kid. Later on friend at school introduced me to Tokyo Ghoul, and then i landed on Any Forums while searching for artwork

This is a textbook ironic weeb answer. If it was really about the animation you'd be watching Western cartoons.
>I don't watch cheap anime because it's cringe but I'll read even cheaper and more cringey manga, light novels, and web novels
You were either dropped as a kid or were just born with a low verbal IQ

I think a lot of people my age were just raised on Japanese stuff. Anime, card games, Nintendo. It was inevitable that some of those things would stick. I like anime because it's good, simple as that

Watched a bunch of it on tv as a kid (sakura, digimon, koni chan) and loved how different chinese cartoons were. Checked a few more over the years until I gave in to it as a teen.

>The voice acting is cringy
Have you tried not watching english dubs?
You know that its possible to watch both western and japanese animation right?

I watched Spice and Wolf back when it came out because /k/ liked it. Didn't get into weebshit until like 2013 thanks to SAO though and within 2-3 years I had finished over 1k series, a bunch of manga, and a handful of VNs. Now I mostly just read manga.

Attached: 1642332004566.jpg (1052x744, 417.2K)

I guess I got into anime through the cultural osmosis of posting on /tg/ in the very late 2000s

I like the varied genres and the artsyles animation allows things that will be too complex to be done in live action also autism

This

3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, way back in kindergarten