Why are modern shounen so soulless compared to early Naruto? Shouldn't them be better? An evolution...

Why are modern shounen so soulless compared to early Naruto? Shouldn't them be better? An evolution? Why it is getting worse?

Attached: E5khd9zXMAQMKlF.jpg (798x600, 95.85K)

Because you only read Jump

Because you're not twelve anymore, ESL-kun. You think whatever garbage Shonen that's popular when you're twelve is soul and kino and whatever other buzzwords, but you're just young, dumb, and easily impressed

Kill yourself Narutard

Early Naruto is peak shonen. despite taking inspiration from the pillars of shonen and nekketsu such as dragon Ball and Ashita no Joe, it manages to creat unique relatable and interesting to follow characters along with fleshing them out in a substantial way that goes along with the atmosphere of its setting. it revives the myth of ninja cleverly by basing the fights mainly on tactics. and of course the adaptation with all the innovations in sakuga with Norio Matsumoto's cinematic choreographies and the memorable soundtrack.
to make short, it had soul. these modern shounen are soulless. Talking about Demon Slayer, JJK mainly i have yet to see Black Clover. the first two even with new technology based animation and couldn't achieve what naruto did.Hell even early Bleach up to the end of soul society arc is better

Narushit itself became "soulless" when the hack of an author tried to mimick the anime style

Kys Narutard

Attached: narutards.jpg (640x439, 46.03K)

këk this
why is nart shippuden so soulless compared to early nart though?

>soulless
I don't think that's the right term, but I think the authors, executive and managers realised that the same formula doesn't work so well anymore but they don't have anything good either so they speed it up.

I wish I could enjoy anime the way I did when I was a teenager. Watching naruto actually moved me. The imagery of sharingan still invokes powerful emotions. No modern anime does that anymore.

Lack of worldbuilding or rather unique aesthetics

based

Attached: naruto absolutely fucking kino.png (2132x1600, 2.28M)

take off the nostalgia glasses then narushitter

They literally copy it while failing to emulate the beauty and depth Naruto had. It's obvious with MHA. It's a fun ride, but a clumsy rehash nonetheless. JJK is the worst imo

Based

Truth bombs being dropped here

counterpoint: late naruto
enough said

Modern man is soulless and becomes moreso with every generation. Only through combat can we reignite the fire that burned in the hearts of men.

Because the dude chased the money and hype instead of doing more of what worked.

Nostalgia. Naruto sucks

i’ve yet to see a single modern shonen that matches the amount of soul lee vs gaara had

>despite taking inspiration from the pillars of shonen and nekketsu such as dragon Ball and Ashita no Joe
It's always bizarre to me when people compare part 1 Naruto to Dragonball instead of Kinnikuman. Because it's definitely channeling Kinnikuman more than any other shonen. In one of the early volumes, Kishimoto even recounts being a kid and seeing Curry Cook in Kinnikuman, so he and his brother went through the fridge and made OC Kinnikuman characters based on random foods. It was what inspiring him to start making characters and it really, really shows in Naruto.