Do you think the popularity of video essays analyzing and critiquing anime as ruined discussion online?

>Do you think the popularity of video essays analyzing and critiquing anime as ruined discussion online?

It use to be so simple. You watch an anime, then you talk about it. Nowadays everyone views their anime fishing for subtext like a college professors. The plot has to be grand scale, characters need 10 layers of depth, every scene needs a purpose, etc. It's like everyone forgot that anime is suppose to be entertainment.

Attached: MV5BMjU0MzQwMmMtMWU3OS00MDc0LWIzOTItZmE1MjZlYmExMGJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1NzMxNzM@._V1_.jpg (1072x1600, 334.25K)

>Nowadays everyone views their anime fishing for subtext like a college professors. The plot has to be grand scale, characters need 10 layers of depth, every scene needs a purpose, etc.
I genuinely don't get how you can look at the board or anime discussion in general and unironically think this is the case

Not really, I think it's probably better than worse that people are looking to understand more about the things they like

wtf are you talking about

OP is projecting hard.

>Do you think the popularity of video essays analyzing and critiquing anime as ruined discussion online?
If anything such videos have formed ppls opinion on a lot of shows. If you want to have your own opinion don't watch anitubers.

I genuinely find this mindset baffling because they think everyone nowadays is pretending to be some pretentious movie critic when in reality its the exact opposite. Its like people are afraid to discuss entertainment mediums in any meaningful way

>jewtube
it's all just try harding content creation. grasping at everything when every tv anime was under budget, time - and targeted towards young teens

fuck nu/a/ though you should know better

Attached: 2022-09-05 03.png (268x322, 100.52K)

Yeah if anything the "this show is trash and so am I" mindset is what has fucked over anime discussion

Not to mention any anime that tries something different gets labeled "pretentious" immediately

Not especially. There was always retarded anime reviewers who somehow managed to get some amount of influence or fame. Only difference now is people are reading less. Which I guess is TECHNICALLY worse. I will say I don't much care for the kind of retard who needs to take 2 hours to explain maybe 20 minutes worth of break down.

Attached: Geist kawai.png (500x400, 76.22K)

Stop watching anime YouTubers.

Attached: 1662373603282.png (1280x720, 515.54K)

you might need to speak to a few normalfags if you think they would ever admit to liking loli, no matter the mental gymnastics

But the pic is talking about ironic weebs, not regular normalfags.

>Ignore it and it'll go away!
A recent BL manga got mistranslated so hard by Seven Seas that fans had to reach out to the jp publisher and mangaka and it fucking worked

No because I don’t waste time watching video essays on YouTube about an anime I already watched and analyzed. At most I’ll read an article about it

I’m not even that old (25) I just don’t waste my time watching some random Internet personalities critique of something, same applies to video games. Why obsess over YouTubers or vloggers

>BL

theyll listen to women since theyre the SJW Twitter horde

100% if it was male centric they would not budge

Mistranslation is not an issue if you don't read translations.

Ok the Io-fi hip hop channel is fine but fuck everything else the image listed

The "ignore it and it'll go away" is what got Akamatsu elected!

>op says that
>while the board is full of HURRR DURR DOODOOKAKA shitposting and shitflinging

Attached: lena devil.jpg (1280x720, 63.17K)

>oingo boingo

Attached: ousama he is based.jpg (1920x1080, 386.12K)

You have a point, but Seven Seas wouldn't have to retranslate it if people had just ignored it.

holy shit everything on both sides of this image is earth shakingly cringe

True, the left side is just a stereotype

The annoying thing about the youtube generation is how many people think watching a youtube synopsis of someone else's breakdown is a solid replacement for watching the show. Hell look at how many retards used to say DBZ abridged was the best way to watch DBZ. It feels like anime fans want to watch anything BUT anime.

Who are you quoting?
Also are you even old enough to use this website? If you were you'd know that videos essays, as in their concept, are nothing new. People have been doing the same kind of pretentious esoteric over-analysis for years, just using text as their medium.
That said fuck eva fans and eva community (cult) it is just a bunch of people that had eva as their first decent anime and now have a really strong emotional attachment to it, so they treat it as if it was the magnus opus of all media. Fuck them.