So it wasn't jojo that invented the hat that merges with it's user's hair crap...

So it wasn't jojo that invented the hat that merges with it's user's hair crap? For how long this has been a visual trope in manga?

Attached: imagem_2022-09-04_154427740.png (1745x1400, 1.26M)

no Any Forums user still here has read anything older than Naruto.

Jotaro's design was inspired by Koichi from Babel II and typical gakuran, I guess. It's easy to make this type of hat look like it merges with hair if it's black on black and I'm pretty sure it's not even intentional most of the time. I'm sure you can find earlier examples in Nagai's manga too.

Oh and Araki has definitely read Kurumada's stuff.

yeah but with Jotaro it feels like an artistic choice but when Kurumada does it it looks more like he's cutting corners

Attached: imagem_2022-09-04_163526447.png (448x696, 599.24K)

Mistakes happen. It easier to darken an image than brighten it. Merging the hat with hair is easier to render than doing it separately.

The use of screentone back then was more expensive so they probably didnt want to waste that on the hats

Yeah, definitely, it's just one of those Araki things. Or remember how he specifically said older Weather is wearing a hat but his young hair also resembled a hat.

it's funny you said that because Fuuma no Kojiro is basically 80's Naruto

This is Kurumada art, right? I can recognize this ugly art from miles away lmao

Theh are the typical Kurumada jobber design, all macho characters are ugly, dumb and jobbers. This is the typical Kurumada powerful design, all tranny looking males are very attractive, intelligent and powerful.

Attached: 20220904_164807.jpg (206x404, 38.14K)

yep. He's the only well-known mangaka from the 70's that never showed a substantial growth in his art. Compare him with fellas like Ishinomori, Go Nagai, Motomiya Hiroshi, Ken Ishikawa and Monkey Punch and you will know what I'm talking about

that's why I love Sakigake Otokojuku so much, it's the only manga series I have ever seen where faggy bishonen are mocked instead of glorified

Attached: michele.jpg (728x1127, 168.57K)

I have nothing against bishounen. The problem is when only bishounen characters can be intelligent, powerful and relevant. That's the case of Kurumada.

I will always love Toryiama for this.

...what the hell Toriyama has to do with this?

Toryiama manga has both bishounen and macho powerful characters

yeah but he has been toning down with the macho stuff lately. He seens unable to draw muscles with his current artstyle and he begged for nu-Broly to not be muscular as his original version, thank god Shintani managed to keep Broly jacked

Attached: imagem_2022-09-04_170731993.png (673x1200, 1.39M)

I think pic related cemented my disgust towards bishonen glorification forever. The strongest delinquent in the series is a skinny femboy that can't even ride a motorcycle.

Attached: tanzawa atsushi.jpg (975x989, 233.16K)

>So it wasn't jojo that invented the hat that merges with it's user's hair crap? For how long this has been a visual trope in manga?
They're called visors and they've been around longer than your dad has been alive, newfag.

Attached: visors.png (413x550, 245.07K)

This

Attached: imagem_2022-09-04_184317141.png (600x2400, 554.82K)