I fucking hate weak and pathetic MCs...

I fucking hate weak and pathetic MCs. They are weak and pathetic throughout the 99% of the manga to change in final chapter. No wonder Saitama or Ayanokoji feels so refreshing.

Attached: 1661793548411723.png (1280x720, 1.62M)

There's plenty of strong MCs besides your examples. I think you just need to watch more anime.

Saitama may be strong but he is pathetic nonetheless

power fantasies are boring

the answer is simple. we need more schizo mcs.

Attached: nd.jpg (879x680, 300.64K)

Would be a bit of fresh air to get a brutal meathead full throttle dummy mc for once.

No. Constant self pity is.

I will take anything over Shinji type.

Attached: 43Q1.gif (480x271, 434.12K)

Ok, but why did you use Anno's photo for this thread?

Attached: susuka.png (597x561, 445.68K)

You know why

This thread reeks of newfag who posts by stealing wifi from some hotel in his shitty favela

The term "power fantasy" in itself is one of the biggest strawmen in existence. It implies that "having power" in itself is the main, or even sole focus of the work of fiction in question. But that is pretty much never the case. It's about the consequences of having that power, not about the power itself. The power is just a plot device in most cases.
But it's just so much easier to get (You)s by posting dumb buzzwords instead.
It's there along with other lovely buzzwords such as "wish-fulfillment" or "self-insert".

>Saitama or Ayanokoji
These are also power fantasies. Saitama is a useless NEET who just happened to become a super hero based on some unrealistic training regimen and Ayanokouji is "literally me" the character, who pretends to be average yet has this secret potential that he just needs to unlock, which every "underachieving" loser believes to possess.

>It implies that "having power" in itself is the main, or even sole focus of the work of fiction in question.
In most cases it is. The selling point of the show is to see the main character solve issues by being remarkable. Overlord is yet another of such shows.

>has this secret potential that he just needs to unlock
That's the most bullshit interpretation of this character I have ever seen.
>solve issues by being remarkable
What is this supposed to be, some kind of IT-firm advertising about "bringing the best IT-solutions to your workspace"? Take your meds.
Ainz is a mere grade-school-graduate, is incompetent and only lucks through everything.

>Ainz is a mere grade-school-graduate, is incompetent and only lucks through everything.
And yet he happens to be more powerful than everyone else he encounters making him even more relatable to the target audience.

>That's the most bullshit interpretation of this character I have ever seen.
And yet it's all true.

The "issues" aren't solved by power, they are solved by luck or whatever unknown factor causes Ainz to succeed. The Shalltear fight was an issue that Ainz created himself, as he could have just teared through her with all the lvl 100 NPCs together or such once he confirmed that she is truly by herself. Past that there wasn't ever any "problem" that needed Ainz's power to be solved in the first place. Even the "display of might" with the goats was just a test to see how many goats he could summon, the soldiers weren't a threat from the start since the only thing that even could have hurt Ainz at all was Gazef's sword, and we saw how that turned out.
Nah, it's like that scene from Kill Bill where Bill mentions the difference between superman and spiderman, whereas Superman is Superman naturally and actively pretends to be weak when disguised as Clark Kent, Spiderman is normally Peter Parker and the costume is Spiderman.
The audience can only learn to become Spiderman eventually, but they can't be Superman (Ayanokouji) since they lack the prequisite in the past (early white room upbringing) to do it.
But hey, if CotE ends up causing NEETs and losers to apply for bootcamps, what's the harm?

>Saitama so refreshing.

Are you fucking kidding, Saitama's character type is the most common type for his genre. Despite fan claims that it's a subversion, it's your standard power fantasy, the powerful protagonist who shows no interest in women. It just doesn't ever pretend the protagonist is in any danger.

Spiderman is a nerdy guy (like the audience) who was handed super powers by the plot. The audience can't "learn" to be Spiderman they can only be lucky enough to "become" Spiderman. That is what makes him relatable because becoming Spiderman is not tied to ability but due to plot magic. Even if you're scrawny nerd you can be bitten by a radioactive spider and thus develop super powers - but you can't "work" your way up to become Spiderman. The people who tried to work their way up are the jocks who Spiderman regularly shits on in the funny sequences where he effortlessly outmatches people at sports who actually train them regularly by virtue of abilities he was handed by the plot. Superman is a similar case. You can't 'become' Superman, you can only be born Superman.

If you apply for bootcamps hoping to become either Spiderman or Superman you didn't pay attention to the plot.

My point was you can't imitate Ayanokouji without a white room education since his early life, so characterizing his abilities as ""hidden potential"" is dumb, and nothing is suggesting to the audience that they can somehow just be like him by "trying a bit harder".
>If you apply for bootcamps hoping to become either Spiderman or Superman you didn't pay attention to the plot.
I was saying that in the hypothetical scenario that someone is so dumb to think he can become like Ayanokouji by "going through something even just vaguely similar as the white room" and thus decides to go to a bootcamp, it actually might still end up being a good experience even if it likely wouldn't fix the stupidity itself.