Saint Seiya

Despite its cons and flaws, I really liked the main concept behind picrel. I think that Tenkai-hen could be great as a sequel arc lasting a cour or maybe two, if done in TV series format.

Attached: Tenkai-hen poster.jpg (297x424, 40.7K)

I wonder if there's any user from the places it didn't air originally who whatched it recently. And I would like to know their opinion about it

God this film was so fucking boring; literally nothing fucking happens and you can tell whoever was the director of this was trying way to hard to pull a Hideaki Anno.

It didn't air in my place as well, but I watched it few years after its premiere in Japan. I watched it as a huge fan of this franchise, so my perspective was surely biased.

Given how many production problems they had back then (mostly orbiting around such important stuff as core concept for the plot and characters), it wasn't that bad, but even if we include the aspect I mentioned earlier, that movie was still underwhelming.

Seint Seiya is the eternal good concept, shit execution: the manga / anime

What's the mythological significance or meaning of the pegasus?

Kurumada likes horsecock.

Is this what the greeks believed?

No, that's BL part of all of his work.

Do you think a Saint seiya story set in a post apocalyptic far future would be a good idea?

Attached: tumblr_661d4f741a037961d2450e4486a2ffc5_d78bc532_640.jpg (640x800, 86.34K)

What would the stakes even be? SS has always been about preventing doomsday.

This.
It surely wound be cool thing to see, but but not really a good path of Saint Seiya franchise.

Any news about next dimension?

No but there's a new Poseidon manga coming

the "post-apocalyptic" setting, it would more of an excuse to get rid of the modern setting of the original, and create a setting similar to the ancient greece and other ancient civilizations (like egyptians or celtics) without been exactly the ancient greece, but still its own thing with the posibillity of taking some liberties, the "stake" here is that these new civilizations live in a relative peace, but there is strong tensions between them, and the posibility of a Destrutive WORLD WAR that would compromise the earth as a whole is there as well.

According to Kurumada, he picked the Pegasus because it's a creature that can fly. His original pick was the Leo constelation. Curiously it fits great with the theme despite Kurumada was improvising. The hero Bellerophon tried to reach the Olympus riding Pegasus but Zeus sent a bee that sting Pegasus and Bellerophon ended falling into the rocks. Now the Pegasus saint is facing the Olympus but it's not treated as hubris but humanism

Attached: Pegasus fall.jpg (2500x1668, 724.72K)

The earth ha s been flooded and fucked so much by the gods at this point that you could call it post-apocalyptic already

I will never understand how it is that toei does not stop making references to SS in all its franchises but then makes another garbage adaptation of the knights of the zodiac

Attached: sagas.png (785x513, 683.92K)

In the canon, it was only flooded once and that's kinda a thing in real life now. Movies don't count

See:

Saint Seiya is a cult series. That mean it might not be as popular as DBZ in Japan but a lot of the people that got into creatives were SSfags and like to reference the series

Attached: Kimetsu no Pegasus.jpg (848x1200, 154.55K)

Did he, honestly speaking, have any chance of defeating Hades at this point?

Attached: shaka hades.jpg (1920x1083, 192.63K)

It'd be interesting to see but Kurumada was literally dying back then.

If Shun had gone to the hell island instead what implications would that have on the Hades?

Whenever I think about that part, I often forget that Shaka had literally a goddess by his side. Orphée had a shot to damage Hades, why wouldn't Shaka? He got the 8th sense power up and had Athena by his side, they could at least seal Hades soul or something.
I don't think Shun would have survived without Hades interfering.