'80s 50 episode+ anime/tokusatsu

>'80s 50 episode+ anime/tokusatsu
>half the episodes are filler with zero effort put to it
skip or binge?

Attached: 1622413365140.png (428x428, 68.58K)

Skip. They're just there to sell toys and fill space.

>>'80s
Skip.

Cowboy Bebop was filler SOVL THOUGH
>inb4 Bebop was '90s
>inb4 not filler

you're to dum for tv so skip it

>Late 2000s ADD Zoomie
>Doesn't actually want to watch shows that take to long to check off their list.
>Will probably rush through every show they watch and retain nothing.

>skip or binge
If you're interested definitely the latter, if not then simply the former. You should know what you're getting into if the anime you want to watch has more than 1 season's worth of episodes.

>Zoomie
Go back.

>Cowboy Bebop was filler SOVL THOUGH
filler or filled?

This post is such a bad mood fr

Sometimes a show can be just casual wastes of time and still be great. Stuff like Aria and Cardcaptor Sakura are two that lean into the whole everyday events with random things happening. Stuff like the shounen fillers like Naruto and Bleach are fucking cancer though. I dont want to have to sit through a braindead arc thats guaranteed to do nothing like the fucking Bount arc or the random 80 fucking episodes of CURRY OF LIFE or fucking fart beetle. Fuck that noise.

This.

>I want to watch old shows
>but I want to skip half the episodes because modern anime has convinced me that anything that doesn't add to the main plot is "filler"
I don't know why you're using a K-ON image either. The same people that do this are the ones that say nothing happens in K-ON and would likely not enjoy it.

Plus, K-ON is 41 episodes plus a movie, so not much shorter than a 50 episode series from the 80s or 90s. In fact it's longer than the original Gundam 0079 anime (if you consider the movie multiple episodes), which was 42 episodes.

Attached: K-ONPleb.jpg (1920x1080, 380.73K)

>anything that doesn't add to the main plot is "filler"

If it doesnt add anything of actual value or provide some kind of interesting character exposition it literally is filler. If the point of a show is to have a set plot going from point a to point b then having a bunch of bullshit in the middle just to pad things out is a terrible thing. On the other side though if they actually do something interesting or explore actual character points or set the setting with them then its passable. The problem with a lot of older shows is that they dont do that and its just monster of the week garbage. Nobody cares about the main cast using the power of friendship to blast yet another nameless villain with the same stock animation for the 12th time unless they do something interesting to explore something while doing it.

Then you have the shows where the entire point is to just be a relaxing time and watch characters interact with eachother like K-ON or Aria. They can get away with it because they arent out to have some kind of overarching plot point to strive towards but instead are just about having a good time along the way and an overarching theme is a secondary focus. Thats fine since if you watch those shows you know what you are getting into. Meanwhile you have shit like fucking one piece or naruto where half the fucking show is a bunch of monster of the week garbage that goes nowhere and does nothing because they have to pad the whole thing so the manga can keep up.

>filler bad
>complaining about getting more of a show you're enjoying
>unironically skipping episodes
kill yourself

You have not read One Piece if you think it's monster of the week at all. But yeah, this is what I'm talking about. Arcs in One Piece do serve purposes in the overall narrative. People who don't like it just refuse to acknowledge it though. I'm not saying that it isn't still padded, since I do think that Wano and Dressrosa for instance went on way too long. What this all comes down to imo is the whim of the author. Yeah, you could completely change the structure of One Piece to make it go by faster while hitting the same necessary plot points, but you could do that with any story, even those that are considered good.

A lot of these series portray a journey as well, and a journey series will not feel like a journey if it ends in 12 episodes. Gundam, which I brought up, for instance is like this. It takes placer during a war and it involves the characters trying to reach certain points to meet up with allies while at the same time trying to run away from the Zeons chasing them. It would be a completely different series if you tried to condense it to 12 episodes and would definitely not have the same feel to it.

And people have their own things that they'll accept too. I know people who hate One Piece, saying like you that it's all filler, while at the same time love Naruto and and Dragon Ball and say that everything in those series is necessary.

>read One Piece

Was talking about the anime and there is no defending a lot of its filler the same with Naruto or Bleach. Also i dont disagree with a lot of your other points though but i do think that if a story can be told well in 12 episodes you shouldnt tack on another 12 of filler to fit into a longer scheduling block. Some stories need 12 some need 24 and some need 52 or more. Its all about hitting the right balance of plot critical and break episodes. Sometimes you do need a fluff episode thrown in every once in a while to break the pace of the show intentionally for pacing and those are fine but when you have a break that lasts multiple episodes or entire SEASONS of content that goes nowhere and does nothing then its just a fucking joke.

Something like Madoka is probably one of the most tightly written 12 episode series ive ever watched. It was clear concise and to the point to an extent that it just seemed like a roller coaster. It had that initial slow climb of character and setting introduction then it just fucking took off until it finished and let you off the ride. Then you have stuff like Fate Zero where it has a steady pace all the way through and you get the small little break episodes and scenes peppered around like the daily lives of Waver and Rider. Its "filler" but it serves a purpose.

Filler gets hate because of the long running shounen garbage that abuses it and gives it a bad name by overusing it. The absolute NEED to push an episode of literally anything you can cram into 25 minutes to run an episode every week causes it. Fuck that noise.

kek those feet bwahahahaha
cute

Filler is a spook

I actually have always thought Madoka could have used a few more episodes. Mainly to have more episodes with Mami before she dies and to make Sayaka's descent seem less rapid and abrupt. Though if it had more episodes it would go to 24 episodes (due to cours), which is too much. I feel this way about a lot of original anime. That 12 episodes isn't enough but 24 is too much.

Dragon Ball is awesome, and as a zoomer with ADHD I think it's a lot more entertaining than most anime.
You can just flip to any random episode and they're probably fighting and talking shit, or doing some silly shit, it's fun.

I dont feel like anything in it was really abrupt except for maybe Mami a bit but that was literally the point of her character. You were meant to be blindsided and she had enough development for it to count and matter as shock value which was her primary reason to exist. Sayaka was handled perfectly fine though i think. You can argue she took things a little too hard a little too fast but i dont think drawing it out longer would have solved anything and instead just made people cry more about her as a character. If you gave her more interaction with the rest of the cast and had her actually delve into what was causing her problems it would just give more fuel to her haters. She was meant to detach from everyone and become isolated so she could fall and stealing that breaks her as a character.

This is terminal Zoomer brain caused by growing up with the Netflix binge model. Not every show is about long arcs. An episodic show isn't "filler", it's episodic. Cowboy Bebop has a few short multi-episode stories and some through-lines in terms of story, but it's meant to be a show of individual episodes. Lots of shows are like that.

I just finished watching through the 80s Dirty Pair TV show and OVAs. I wish more modern shows took that structure, just a bunch of fun individual adventures that don't have to be building up to something or cultivating DEEPEST LORE.