Stardust Crusaders OVA

When did you realize that this is the best version of JoJo Part 3, Any Forums?

Attached: jojo-ova-jotaro.gif (498x373, 2.75M)

Like, 15 years ago? Yeah 2007 sounds right.

Seeing the trailer for part one.

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

When it used cels

When they start flying in the anime

That was in the manga. Maybe they were just very high jumps. It's stand power, I ain't gotta explain shitdsakr

The Dio fight is cool but the tv series is better.

This. Playing Jojo straight is a retarded idea

TV series has a better OST.
And when they changed the OP to make DIO appears and say ZA WARUDO, it was fucking great.

>Maybe they were just very high jumps
No, they fly. So what? No need to find a logical explanation when it works. It looks cool, and makes the fight more dynamic.

the taxi scene is so much better in the ova

I honestly have to disagree. I love the OVA, maybe even more than the anime. It has this gravity that makes everything feel real and gritty. The Jotaro/Dio fight especially feels like how a fight between two superhumans in the middle of a city would be, collateral damage and all.
>instead of Jotaro using Magazines to block Dio's knives , his bandages and splints used for broken ribs block it.
>Star Platinum defends Jotaro against The World in stopped time before Jotaro even realizes it
>The first thing DIO does after he seemingly killed Jotaro with the thrown knifes is check for his heart pulse. It's during that moment where Polnareff decides to ambush DIO.

Shortly after the TV anime came out, but I always liked the first half of the OVAs as much if not more than the manga.

Only the animation and sound design are better. Every time an anime deviates from the source material the story ends up decisively worse.

part 3 manga > part 3 anime > Jotaro vs Dio (ova) > Jotaro vs Dio (anime) >rest of ova

It's amazing indeed, excellent art. Peak cel animation.
I only dislike how Fuku Dio (after he sucks Joseph's blood) looks like in the OVA, he was NOT that buff and gorilla-like in the manga

>Every time an anime deviates from the source material the story ends up decisively worse.
Glad we can agree

Attached: xi1uab7tkz631-283414044.jpg (1280x720, 92.35K)

It did cut out a LOT of bullshit

When I moved to Mauritania

It's a different take on the material for sure, but it's not a very accurate representation of Araki's vision. Jojo does have a very distinct sense of humor and I think the experience is a lot less 'whole' when it's missing. But it depends on what you want out of it I guess.

The OVA is not perfect at all times but at its best it elevates the hell out of the source material. The Egypt finale is fucking sick, you will never see that level of care, detail and mood in a tv production.