Serial experiments lain

what site or place on the internet would be “the wired” in real life. i know the wired is suppose to be the internet itself but what place on the internet gives you the wired vibes

Attached: 502BC641-F476-4A27-BB77-5692E315BF8E.jpg (220x318, 27.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ap1rU815JsA
biebian.sourceforge.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/trash/, people get groomed left and right there

reddit.com/r/funny

s4s probably

sounds about it

nah, too gay for the wired desu

Basically any website back in the 90s before a bunch of low IQ subhumans begun shitting up the place.

rainchan!

/tttt/

wished there were sites like that today

before you were born you mean

The internet was never really like the wired from Lain. Closest you're going to get to that was early MMOs, 2ch back in the day, and maybe the mapping communities for doom and quake. That last one sounds kind of out there, but look up The Sky May Be or for Doom and you'll see what I mean, there were a lot more avant-garde designers making surreal doom maps than any shooter since.

Actually, there was a Russian mapper for Doom named LAINOS who was obsessed with Lain and did a bunch of cityscapes set to the OST. youtube.com/watch?v=Ap1rU815JsA
Wad is called Sacrament, you may like it.

That's all I've got though OP, and I've been a lain fan for 15 years. It can be tough to find stuff that scratches the same itch.

nothing anymore, its just one selfie ridden shithole

haiku-os.org

Some sort of hybrid between Twitch and the Metaverse. If SEL was made today, Lain would be a VTuber.

Biebian biebian.sourceforge.net/

geocities

Attached: flash.gif (88x31, 1.04K)

imageboards before smartphones

There's nothing like that in the nu-internet anymore, that's also why Lain has such a nostalgic feel, 2007 is when everything went to shit, in my opinion mainly because of social networks completely ruining it for smaller, tight knit communities.

There are, you are just a dumb zoomer too stupid to find them.

the wired is like the metaverse methinks

>smaller, tight knit communities.
I'm looking for something like that but it seems the only way you're ever going to find something like that is if you know someone who knows someone else.