How is isekai still so popular? You'd think a new fad would have replaced them by now

How is isekai still so popular? You'd think a new fad would have replaced them by now.

Attached: 1636976130892.jpg (1200x675, 194.78K)

Because isekai is fun and I'm tired of pretending its not, fuck you.

Attached: 1660718788890.jpg (900x900, 87.12K)

remember the earth is globalizing at a rapid rate, people who had no running water 20 years ago have electricity and internet now. tastes will continue to become more base and uninspired as we move forward

Most of the series in that picture aren't even complete.

Why don't you ask about battle shonen or harembowl romance or CGDCT? Those have been going on forever but people are still not tired of them.

Nah, they are now on the decline

In fact, to this day, the ones made in early 2013's remain completely unchallenged, and most isekai anime has been selling less and less.

Corpos are still spamming it because they have no other safe cow to milk and soon, it shall die like the school harem - multiple shows airing the exact same plot in the same season and all flopping

Isekai is maleable and can absorb entire genres, that's why it will NEVER die.
SoL but Isekai
Harem but Isekai
Magic Highschool but Isekai
Shonen but Isekai
Mecha but Isekai

It fits with everything, there's no need to put much effort into worldbuilding and the reader fills most of the blanks.

Isekai has been around forever.
It's Isekai Tensei shit that should just die.

I wish I felt the same way, but I fucking hate it.
I can't find a series that doesn't piss me off in some way.
I enjoyed battle harems, because at least some had a MC that had to work to gain power, but I can't find a single series that has MC that isn't broken or an edgelord.

Also I fucking hate the isekai general we have on this board. It's a weird circle jerk about the same shit constantly.
It reads like a forum instead of a message board

>muh whataboutism
Isekai belong to the genre of cheap pulp fiction where you can find long-dead genres like
>detective
>kung fu
>scifi utopia
>scifi dystopia
>cyberpunk
>mecha
>shoujo
>mahou shoujo
And so on

Conan, Jojo, Urusei Yatsura, Gundamn, and Card Captor Sakura are the last living wonders of a time when their genres were airing at every time slot at every channel

Heck, before Love Hina ruined anime by introducing Harem, the prototype of Wish Fulfillment revolve around the genre of Magical Girlfriends.

Isekai would die alongside them

Attached: mg_qu.png (349x415, 246.19K)

>Love Hina
Tenchi is from 1992 and Ranma is from 1887

And?
Every form of art had an inspiration.
Love Hina did not just inspired, it infested anime to this day

Speaking honestly, most of them aren't. I don't think it's a parody but I found Konosuba to be funny most of the time. And the first season of Re:Zero was well paced and had speculator direction. But that's it, any other isekai I've seen wasn't that great nor did it's adaption make up for it.

You send it introduced harem even though there was harem series before it
If you said Love Hina introduced the template that series for years would copy then you would be correct

I'm not the biggest fan of battle shounen but even those shakes things up more than isekai.

Sure.
Quit being pedantic

You are right, but the harem genre didn't begin to dominate until after Love Hina. On top of that, Love Hina created a mould that every subsequent harem anime would follow to the letter.

All fiction is "isekai" just like all video games are RPGs.
You might as well demanding fiction be unpopular.

>All fiction is "isekai"
No, it's not. Isekai clearly refers to a narrative that focuses on the protagonist being sent to another world.

Not even.
The true core of the genre is MC is unbeatable and just walks around finding stuff to do.

They try to spin it of course, like starting weak or vowing revenge but after 3 chapters, it becomes the exact same plot

Self insert escapism dialed up to the max.

Stop taking isekai and anime at large so damned seriously and just start enjoying the medium more. It really isn't that hard to fathom when you get to that point.

Attached: 1575096134182.gif (500x281, 2.88M)