What is the Manga selection like at your local public library?

What is the Manga selection like at your local public library?

Attached: Manga library mural.png (1200x800, 1.72M)

I don't think any library in my country would allow manga

What country are you in out of curiosity?

I know at most my libraries its usually full of misc. Naruto, Yugioh, Dragon Ball, and Inuyasha manga. It isn't like they have all the volumes, its usually random volumes like volume 12 or 4 or something though.

I havent been to a public library in years. you can download and read books on the internet you know?

>its not the same!
yes it is

its not the same!

I wish i had taken a picture when i got there yesterday, but my country somehow really likes shoujo.

yes it is

When I was last there, I think it was like 5 meters of shelf space, so maybe 300 books worth.

Most libraries annoyingly have the Manga mixed with the graphic novel section with superhero comics and shit, which is cumbersome as well due to their differing sizes.

My library is actually pretty solid. Yotsuba, SE, Gunslinger Girl, Genshiken, and some other great titles that I can't remember. Maybe I'll head back over there today.

australia

Is Manga banned in Australia or something?

In France, libraries often have huge Manga sections, and not just the mainstream popular stuff like One Piece or Naruto, they have complete series that have never been translated into English, not even scanlations.

Hentai is... kind of banned in Australia?

3 years ago my local library system intruded a manga section. It was filled with nothing but Naruto and Onepiece (No Bleach oddly). They discontinued the section 6 months ago when hardly anyone would check one out and they just kept on being stolen. I tried telling them they needed to expand the selection with more titles, but they didn't listen and just went with "what was popular" after a 10 second Google search.

They had ranma 1/2 and blade of the immortal, which i assume were only there because none of the staff read past the first chapters. Also the nausicaa manga. Score for 12 year old me

Ah yes I miss the old folks fighting over a place to read the newspapers and the assorted mental health patients.

I like having something tangible.

I am under the impression that librarians have first dibs on donated books. Is that true? I just assume anything I donate may be picked over and everything left over is filtered as either worth adding to the library or not. I wouldn't mind donating some manga or just books in general.

I'm fine with reading manga on the pc, but I haet reading e-books.

I remember visiting a hole in the wall local library while traveling once. They had the entire set of 2002 English Osamu Tezuka manga. Those things are really, really fucking rare, even today.

You can't have kids pick up a book and question why the pages are stuck together if you download it

lol'd

i was expecting saudi arabia