ITT: anime that fit this

Start off badly, but actually become good

Attached: fetchimage.jpg (700x394, 153.64K)

Darling In The Franxx

Steins;Gate
Episode 1-7 is shit, 7 to end is good.
S2 is shit though

CHAD Clover

I wouldn't exactly call the early 3-5 episodes bad per se, but School Rumble is absolutely the weakest at the start and gets better and better the longer it goes on.

Kemono no souja Erin
Queen Millennia
HSD Kenichi
Most would argue Gundam ZZ

I'd say it didn't even start bad, just mediocre. But for sure I think it's gotten really good and worth the read.

Many argue 2018's AotY started poorly.

Attached: DunIwWPVsAASJV_.jpg (1822x2615, 1.6M)

Gintama
One Piece

Clannad

Attached: gungrave-brandon-heat-and-harry-macdowell.jpg (1024x768, 108.08K)

Despite being the biggest anime on release, some dissed Shingeki no Kyojin as a generic shonen with little character writing on the first 24 episodes.
So yeah SnK might qualify if you truly believed it was bad, starting the very next season you get more horror scene and focuses on a smaller cast of characters that will be more fleshed out and that only goes up.

I usually use Attack on Titan as the textbook example but that's up for debate.

Madoka. It was literally nobody gives a shit until episode 3.

Rspecially since we're talking about the anime. The anime's pacing was like one chapter an episode and really drawn out so it was incredibly slow, and Asta's seiyuu got better as it went on.

Generic shounenshit which relies on cliff hangers and shock value to trick viewers into reading the next chapter was never good.

Black Clover
Seraph of the End
Symphogear
Cross Ange

Kek, I remember one youtuber made a "It's okay to like childish/stupid anime" and used AoT as an example. Made people seethe.
Then Season 2 came out and the faggot started crying and apologising for disrespecting AoT-sama, I think he even deleted the previous video

What do you mean user, SnK was hailed as a great anime for it's first season, then after it's huge delay for season 2 nobody but diehard fans even cared about it after the first one.

Fire force

Yeah it's a very what-if answer. Most agreed it was great, but the snobs claimed it was 'shonenshit' because of Eren screaming so much or something.
At any rate, the series grounds itself much more in the later seasons eliminating that complain.

That was completely shit form beginning to end but the posts here were pure kino. The board was dominated by the milkman for a while.

World Trigger, especially in the animation department

Attached: Toei Effort.webm (1280x720, 2.32M)

Girls Und Panzer. The first episode introduces a bunch of unlikeable characters and a MC that just goes along with the shit they push on her. It takes until after the Russian girls are defeated for things to pick up and become good.