Japan should give you guys an anime studio. You all seem to be experts at picking apart their tropes and shit...

Japan should give you guys an anime studio. You all seem to be experts at picking apart their tropes and shit. Maybe you can make shows that are trope free and will elevate the medium to high-brow status.

Attached: 1297190758643.jpg (687x480, 141.81K)

yeah they should, I'd make hella kino battle shonen

>dumping even more shonenshit in the industry
Ngmi

>Japan should give you a anime studio

Wgy would the Japanese government do that? They don't own all the anime studios that exist within their country.

Secondly, a trope free show would be fucking rancid, tropes can be great when done in a intetesting and well executed way.

I'd make a romcom about elementary schoolers who are prostitutes in their free time

I'm pretty sure that's a hentai manga/eroge plot already.

You mean reviewers?
Yeah, they already exist and even then, there are prescreening and directors already at it

Most anglo "critics" on Any Forums or elsewhere are stuck on what I would define as the uncanny valley of analysis.
Able to pick up common tropes and patterns or dumb "gotcha" but completely unable to understand why or how they are being used nor dive into any sort of thematic depth that isn't explicitely stated out loud by the show.
It's either that or dumb "gotcha" setting inconsistencies that are completely irrelevant to the intent of the author or the narrative the show is trying to weave. (e.g Cinemasins)
So no, I don't think they would able to write anything really interesting.

Attached: mpc-hc64_HyCakGe1Sb.jpg (2560x1440, 325.82K)

You can't be serious user

it's not about being free of tropes, it's about using kino tropes like stills of power lines with stock cicada noises and random flashes of vaguely important sounding words with no context across the screen. Anime peaked in the 90s with Lain and Evangelion.

From my time here, Slavs and Scandicucks suffer the same hypercritical yet creatively bankrupt autistic incompetence.

Tropes are tools. You can't make something "trope free", you can only use the tropes correctly.

>It's either that or dumb "gotcha" setting inconsistencies that are completely irrelevant to the intent of the author or the narrative the show is trying to weave.
If your world is supposed to be believed it isn't supposed to have physics glitches that you hand wave away by saying they don't matter to some core ideal. If the idea anime was drawn with literal shit yet had all the same story and everything else would you say that presentation doesn't matter to how it's received?
How your viison is excceuted mtaters, any inidvdiual prolbem dosen't, but a crtiical mass of them desrtoys antyhing you were triyng to do beacuse it's too distratcing.

So you are animating the Sasha manga?

I'm already in the process of storyboarding an entire film (in my head of course) broken into multiple chapters with an extended final sequence. It's largely Ikuhara-influenced with bits and pieces pulled from across the industry. The story itself is fleshed out but barebones for the most part as I imagine it more of a visually driven work, a Cosette like production. The effectiveness of course is in crafty layouts and simple but interesting cut progression. The two biggest draws from Ikuhara are definitely visual repetition, discerning but ultimately unrestricted choice of what appears in frame, and especially the use of uncluttered but engaging stills that pay attention to negative space and focus to draw out the impact of the frame. The segments would also make use of different limited palettes because I think it brings a very exciting level of contrast to the frame. I have most of the crucial scenes boarded but there's quite a lot left to do, I think it's most appropriate for the middle segments to be handled by different episode directors but I'm on the fence about if they'd board those segments as well. It's hard to let go of that bit of control but I do believe having different boarders would help keep the audience from settling into the "rhythm" of the work and not get too comfortable with my personal style. The change up would make the middle feel less like it's drawing on and make those big final scenes more striking. I think the most important thing is drawing a line between recognizing the good ideas of all the people I look up to and becoming a shell for other people's voices. As I board it does feel like I'm pouring something unquestionably personal into the work, so I think I'm learning more about my personal style as I go along too. I'll hold a big opening for you guys (in me head) when it's finished, so please be sure to call it shit and pretentious.

Will there be cute girls? That's the deal breaker.

It's not particularly ecchi or fanservice oriented but personally I think looking at cute things is just better. All of the characters I've thought of are girls. I also really like when tight pants crease and bring out the shape of a nice butt so i included some back shots which feature it.

Okay

Don't rip off Haibane Renmei.

How about this:
> Production team backed by blockchain
> We make a bunch of threads about the general plot, everyone provides ideas
> Little by little, writer anons start posting actual scripts to match the general plot
> Every contribution goes to the blockchain to know who it comes from
> We vote the best scripts until we get a final script
> In the meantime, digital artists from drawthreads start feeling inspired
> We do the same to figure out the best designs
> We make a web comic with that
> All contributions backed by blockchain, including the web development
> We run ads there
> Each user gets paid proportionally to the amount of contribution

Pitch your anime ideas, Any Forums.

>New Testament adaptation, but Jesus and the disciples are all cute girls (except Mary Magdalene, who's a bishi)