Darker Than Black

Does anyone else remember this anime? This dude kicked so much ass in just 24 episodes + an OVA it was unreal.

Attached: Konachan.com - 244640 all_male black_hair blood close darker_than_black hei male mask vector.jpg (1366x768, 79.41K)

yeah too bad they never made a second season

It inspired me to try my hand at making my own story. Holds a special place in my heart.

Was the second season actually that bad ? I thought about watching this but I never did and honestly people's reactions about the sequel influenced me a bit on that.

It's one of the best anime originals out there. Such a shame they squandered such a cool setting.

It actually wasn't THAT bad, it just has some really low points for no reason that kinda shit on the legacy of S1 and the OVA.
>November 11's partner jobs randomly and gets a really stupid death really early in the season
>Hei losing his powers is actually kino since he originally never had powers anyway, but the new protag getting a fucking anti-tank rifle during the power transfer was extremely dumb, she should have gotten some kind of electricity based power from Hei
>speaking of the anti-tank rifle, enjoy watching protag do a magical girl transformation sequence EVERY FUCKING EPISODE when she summons the thing
>the ending is one of those "lol i remade reality and erased ur memories, thus invalidating ur entire journey haha" kind of endings which just pisses me the fuck off beyond belief
>the whole journey ends up being so pointless and anticlimactic that I honestly can't even remember the finer details of the ending or why anything happened or who was involved, just that I watched S2 twice and I remember being really pissed at the ending

Attached: 1650356556042.jpg (1343x608, 160.68K)

Internet dead, no one recalls electric bogaloo anymore.

shitty meme it was ok

Attached: suo.jpg (585x957, 100.71K)

great OP, decent everything else.
I do have fond memories of it, but it wasn't that good to be honest.

Season 2 gave us UNTZ and abusive hobo Hei so it was worth it.

Attached: 1261209869123.gif (347x195, 1.47M)

THE NIGHT SKY FULL OF CRIES

S1 is one of my all time favorites. I still rewatch it every few years. Weirdly, the older I get the harder the stories hit in the feels. It's great, but so fucking bleak.

S2 just wasn't as strong and the ending rendered everything meaningless, I'd rather not think about it.

Attached: D-Black.jpg (1649x2278, 1.15M)

HEARTS FILLED WITH LIES

They killed Yin off. I'm still mad.

Attached: yin.gif (80x80, 6.01K)

Why do people like her? She was such a noncharacter, Hei might as well have dragged a body pillow around. Even the character design is meh

THE CONTRACT IS IT WORTH THE PRICE!

Rei clones were popular back then.

Remember?

Attached: 1636625880464.jpg (696x624, 96.46K)

The more you appreciate certain aspects of the first season, the more you hate the second one.

Seriously, what the fuck was up with the transformation sequence?

November 11th will always be Skyrim day to me

Why did Yin starts stealing souls ?