90s anime thread

There is little doubt that anime peaked in this decade. Let's talk about it.

Attached: Essential 90s animecore.png (1073x977, 2.04M)

just watched this movie Like the Clouds, Like the Wind, it was pretty good.

A 90s classic not in the list it's the Gunsmith Cats trilogy. So much kino. I wonder why the manga never got a proper adaptation., given it's both good AND with an insane amount of fanservice. Zoomers would love it

Attached: gunsmith-cats-card.png (800x420, 162.31K)

>There is little doubt that anime peaked in this decade.
There's like two good anime in that entire decade outside of Ghibli.

Name them

YYH and The Big O

>Essential 90s animecore.png
I fucking hate you and all you stand for.

for me it's Victory Gundam

>There is little doubt that anime peaked in this decade
Let's not forget the 80s, anonymous.
But from OP's pic alone, Berserk, Rurouni Kenshin, DBZ, Trigun, Evangelion, GITS, Sailor Moon, Cowboy bebop are good.

Not really, half the shit on your list is boring and only liked for nostalgia. 2000-2007 was peak

>Ruroni Kenshin, DBZ, Sailor Moon
>Good

I wrote the name exactly to make someone seethe. Glad it worked.

Attached: Haunter and Gengar laugh.png (500x374, 281.53K)

Well even if you don't like the entire Kenshin anime you have to agree Kyoto Arc and Trust & Betrayal were good.

And DBZ is undoubtedly a good anime.

DBZ is the best
and sailor moon is good

We'll have to agree to disagree with DBZ at least, but I'll adamantly hate on Sailor Moon. You only put it on there due to nostalgia. Try watching it today and you'll see that it's repetitive dogshit that goes nowhere and has horrible pacing

is trigun worth watching?

Dragonball Z is a strange pick, considering that the original Dragonball from the 80s was better. (And Z itself technically also started in the 80s.)

I watched DBZ for the first time in 2020, it's the all time best battle shonen easily.
The only complaint you could really make about it is the pacing and kai completely fixes the pacing issues to the point it also has better pacing than any other battle shonen, I prefer the original though.
I feel like you haven't actually seen DBZ

Slayers too its good. At least the movies and the first two series. The OAVs were a hit or miss, and season 3 a clusterfuck
Movies Lina > Series Lina BTW

Attached: Eopk6BHXYAI7-py (1).jpg (2952x4096, 941.45K)

moefaggot

>Try watching it today and you'll see that it's repetitive dogshit that goes nowhere and has horrible pacing
You're a moron. Character development is not "going nowhere". Keep to your battle shounen.

>he doesn't know about the 2070 anime golden age

It became a phenomenon in the 90s tho

>muh moe
Are you Mauritanian by chance?

That pic is literally the most normalfag, US-available stuff ever
No need to argue with braindead teenagers

Yeah, I agree that character development does not count as going nowhere. My horrible pacing point still stands because there's barely any in Sailor Moon in the vast majority of episodes.

In the west, yeah. But that doesn't make it a 90s anime.

>there's barely any in Sailor Moon in the vast majority of episodes.
That's because you want stupid battle shounen action instead of character focus and slice of life and comedy. And instead of realizing that certain things just aren't for your ADHD riddled brain, you start insulting them.

We are playing semantics. It was for over 90% of its airing time a 90s show. By this logic One Piece is 90s anime because It started airing at the end of 1999

>It was for over 90% of its airing time a 90s show.
You're talking about Z now, right? Because the original one was completely in the 80s.
Other than that, there is no notable difference between late 80s and early 90s anime anyway in terms of general style choices and animation technique. But there is a massive difference between early 80 and late 80s, as well as early 90s and late 90s.

aren't you more braindead for caring so much about the alleged obscurity of anime as if that affects quality?
You guys are worse than salesfags because you're soooo pretentious

God you faggots are insufferable. You're now seriously arguing that Sailor Moon is a high IQ niche anime? Sorry, episodic will always be dogshit as a concept that makes entire shows horribly paced, repetitive, and very boring to watch. There's a reason it's a format almost exclusively used by TV normalfag shit and children's shows. If you want to argue that Sailor Moon is good for what it is, sure. If you want to argue that it's anything above a boring 3/10 though that's still enjoyable today, then you just have shit taste or can't take off the nostalgia goggles

It's decent