One Piece

Do you consider One Piece a masterpiece? I personally do not, even if I think it's still pretty good despite its flaws

Attached: Vol 1.jpg (1159x1832, 504.16K)

I think if I considered it a masterpiece i'd be holding it up to a standard it can never live up to and wouldn't enjoy one piece anywhere near as much as I do

No.

in terms of world building and characters yes.
in terms of plotting no, it has become somewhat bloated due to Oda's editors being yesmen.

In terms of mangas that are this long. I would say yes. It took the time to build a world and political system thats interesting enough.
But if u compare it to actual literature it falls flat.
Nonetheless i would call it a masterpiece that knows its flaws

no, the story is very stretched out and is milked for all it's worth. the character design, artwork proportions and presentation is pathetic.

No manga over 150 chapters can be a masterpiece given most artists have like what, 2 arcs planned out maybe at launch

After that it's all filler and asspulls. The high quality stories are all shorter.

it's too long to be a masterpiece. the story is being dragged for far too long to the point where most of the panels are just scene of luffy running towards the final boss area.
you can't call something like that a masterpiece.

East Blue through Ennies Lobby is a masterpiece with very few rough patches in between. EL is where the first cracks start to show but it's still very good/great until Marineford (which is still good but started many bad trends) and then Grey Terminal flashback two of which became the standard for retconning, character bloat and overall shitty writing that plagues post TS arcs. Anything post TS ranges from mediocre (Fishman Island, Punk Hazard) to okay/decent (Dressrosa, Wano) to good/very good (WCI, Zou), but it never reaches pre TS heights ever again.

How do you guys rate pre-timeskip vs timeskip One Piece?

>in terms of world building and characters yes
I could agree on the worldbuilding considering the length, but not on the characters as a whole.

It's a masterclass in world building

>Do you consider the worst manga of all times, literal shit on a page, a masterpiece?

Read more manga

Wano disqualifies OP from ever being a masterpiece

>I'm gonna be the king of the pirates
>muh straw hat
>GOMU GOMU NO
>YAMERO
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>NIGERO
>mispronounces villain name
>villa is mad and corrects him
>mispronounces villains name
>OJISAN
>le stupid hungry goku lone
>MARIMO
>can I see your panties
>BIG CRYING FACE
>BIG SHCOKED FACE
>goofy ass villain
>cool villain is actually really goofy
>MUGIVARAAAAA
>I WON'T FORGIVE YOU
>THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE
>you want me to do you a little favor fellow crewmate? that'll be 50,000,000 belli
>SANTORYIU BLA BLA GETSUGA TENSHOULD RIPPLE DOUBLE TRIPPLE STYLE CUT that doesn't actually cut but just shoots wind
>LE QUIRKY UNIQUE LAUGH
Oda is truly a genius.

I don't.

I'd like to see Yamato and Katakuri meet as captains, argue about Strawhat and whether donuts are better than oden

Attached: __monkey_d_luffy_yamato_and_charlotte_katakuri_one_piece_drawn_by_lewdamone__99b1d72f734588b5611221e6b90e118a.jpg (2880x2100, 2.18M)

Attached: HAREMji-min.png (3074x1703, 2.16M)

A work that has been pushed primarily as a product to profit off of can never be a masterpiece.

>pre ts
okay, kinda boring at moments
>post ts
despite shit pacing, pretty good

>BUZZWORD BUZZWORD
Yeah no, you and the "only short is good"-meme can go die in a ditch.

Our world is filled with interesting short stories, but hardly any authors have the skill and dedication to follow up beyond initial concepts.
Acting like the missing ability to keep working on one story is a mark of greatness just outs you as an ADHD-ridden zoomer.

when shonen jump USA first started I made my mom get the first issue at the grocery store and I thought one piece was pronounced nepieg. God I was fucking retarded
tfw this was already 20 years ago

Attached: 1305166047933.jpg (400x400, 18.67K)

>Uta's love of bling and her gold armor+crown outfit came from Shanks letting her wear some of their plundered booty they bring back
That's cute