Dennou coil

Dropped this anime already four times after 2-3 episodes, but I keep bumping on people that tell me it is one of the best sci-fi out there and it grows on you with a perfect ending.
So, what's are your thoughts, I wanna know
Maybe no one on Any Forums ever watched it anyway, it's old and the design is shit

Attached: DENNOU COIL.png (1280x720, 508.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dennou_coitus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I watched it.
Enjoyed it for the first half. Then the second half really started diving into the very uninteresting plot and I quickly lost interest. Still finished it, but nothing after the halfway point was really worth it.

I had a pretty good time with it.

is it like Lain for kids?

Attached: 667.png (1100x500, 828.38K)

its one of the best scifi out there with a perfect ending
I didn't like it anyway because its tone, directing and subject matter don't suit my tastes

This but the other way around for me. Yuuko was what interested me the most and I liked the first half for the worldbuilding but it was only the latter half that turned it from a very good into one of my favorite anime.
Kind of. But as much as I love Lain I was sympathizing with the DC characters. Lain isn't meant the be relatable, it's the plot and messages that should grab you. DC's plot is pretty simple (albeit embedded in a new setting) and the central focus are the characters and character development.

i see, the second half it's very psychological. I just have to bear the first episodes then

Watched it because of the fish doujin

I liked it a lot, except for the ending the ending, which moved away from cool cyber sci fi into spiritual bullshit.

I’ll drop you.

No that’s Digimon Tamers

How is it possible to be this retarded? Literally go watch Family Guy and Big Bang Theory, they're made for subhumans like you.
>it's old
Yes, clearly something being "old" is enough of a reason not to watch it. Fucking moron. Any Forums was around in 2007 you stupid nigger

>spiritual bullshit
that's my shit

at least it has konaka as a writer

It’s easy to drop in the 1st half because it’s basically “watch these kids fuck about in augmented reality”, with creative one shots but no stakes. It’s only really in the 2nd half where the main plot becomes the focus, and the stakes get raised when it basically evolves into a cyber zombie show. The children having to avoid getting killed by cyber shadow zombies means there’s actual jeopardy.

i actually watched it last month.
i didn't care that much at first, but once the beard war episode came i actually started enjoying it quite a lot and by the end I thought it was a really complete show, character arcs were good, the overall themes came together nicely and the overall aesthetic of the show with the scifi mixed with what's basically kids playing around was pretty nice

Attached: 1604261800595.png (294x271, 116.71K)

fish what?

I noticed a trend of the new generation not being able to handle Dennou today. It was universally loved here back in the 00s

>The children having to avoid getting killed by cyber shadow zombies means there’s actual jeopardy
oh really? is it that dark? i heard it's pretty lighthearted

dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dennou_coitus

i really dont understand people enjoying this shitty art style

Attached: Dennou coil cap 1 18-19 screenshot.png (1280x720, 612.22K)

Without spoiling too much, if you get grabbed by the cyber zombies they basically detach your consciousness from your body. Which can kill you if you don’t resync with your body.

sounds boring

It's a mediocre show with no target audience. They really should have used a male protagonist. It just doesn't work with the girls.

It makes the 2nd half of the show a more engaging watch, because it basically turns into a zombie horror with augmented reality.

the lack of a male lead is the biggest problem of the show, yeah...at least in the first episodes

No it isn’t. The biggest problems with the show are its slow, no stakes start, and the lame main villain.

I remember thinking it was fantastic but it's been too long since I last saw it. It might be time to watch it again.

oh, is there even a villain?

I didn't like the second bit too much, but I really enjoyed the beginning. It was a fun time when the wargames and rivalries were center stage; it was a fun time with good vibes and light scifi. I personally think the show would have held up far better if it went lighter on the forced plot and stuck with slice of life with AR themes sprinkled in.

Yeah, and they suck. They pretty much disappear at the end as well, because they don’t really matter.