For me, it's Boogiepop (2000)

Attached: file.png (1584x1188, 317.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJHJHD1Cl9M
youtube.com/watch?v=d0iZ2S4HOnY
youtube.com/watch?v=PPueLov2fC8&list=PLo5idiMgoE5-bAT-tDjon9SGUWAQxdVOB&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=EjST75n8sSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How does the recent version compare to it?

The only good horror anime next to Vampire Princess Miyu

what is the watch order for this i truly cannot figure it out

recent version is shonenshit
watch ghost hound

and mononoke

Not even horror

Is live-action movie from 2000 worth watching?

Don't watch it, but definitely don't miss out on listening to the ED 18 times.

I read the first light novel then watched the part of the new anime that covered it. Anime was ass but the book was cool.

its not the animation but the colour and the tone is what made it so good

I love Boogiepop's sound design. Sometimes I put the episodes on the background just to listen to the "sounds" of the world.

Was it actually that bad? I prefer the 2000 version but I didn't find the new one "bad". What was some of the problems with it?

>and then the camera stared silently at a still of a depressed face with lots of shadows, for the tenth time this episode
This anime was a bunch of hot air.

have you seen the old series? now tell me in which way is the new series is comparable with it...

I have seen the old series, the new one felt like a dumbed down version of it with more characters added and a cringe worthy "love" story sprinkled in between. They took one of my favorite things about the 2000 series which was the unconventional way of telling the story (maybe the books also did this but I haven't read them) rather than 2019 series' more straight forward way.

Is the anime worth watching? I was told by anime reviewers that they didn't do justice to the LNs.

2000 is excellent yes

The LN is all about the narrative ellipses and nonlinear narrative... also, is it worth to note that the old series is actually a spin off (anime only original) of the first novel iirc.
The new series is just your generic new age zoomer anime

The OST was so fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJHJHD1Cl9M

youtube.com/watch?v=d0iZ2S4HOnY

Attached: 1645999082859.jpg (1000x629, 75.9K)

Read the book first

youtube.com/watch?v=PPueLov2fC8&list=PLo5idiMgoE5-bAT-tDjon9SGUWAQxdVOB&index=2

Do you know the song that plays at 1:30 during the chase scene I never found in on the ost

You know how to whistle, right user?
youtube.com/watch?v=EjST75n8sSM