Was 2000 to 2006 an especially good for anime

or am I just being nostaglic?

Attached: 71xUhju0+9L.jpg (1000x1500, 210.17K)

This era has this distinct vibe to it and i happened to be sucker for this exact vibe

Pic fell off

Attached: 345.jpg (225x318, 28.51K)

The anime community was at its best in the 2000s that's for sure.

>be at school
>check animesuki for new releases
>come home
>instantly torrent things like pic related or mai hime
>lifeisgood.png

Attached: FD621FD3-8AD3-4E4A-A40E-FEBBA11EB016.png (874x1240, 1.35M)

that one wouldn't pass the woke test of 2022

>torrenting
>not downloading shitty 40mb .rmvb in the browser at 20kbp/s

Western "wokeness" does not applies to anime yet

>or am I just being nostaglic?
I don't know. I feel like it's important to remember people were more selective in that era so a lot of trash didn't catch on meaning we really remember the good better than the bad from the mid oughta more so than any other era. Especially for people who downloaded lower quality encodes off irc and fansites because those sites were only carrying the cream of the crop.

But it is my favorite era too. If only because anime was fun to talk about then. Sure there a lot of cringe fags but forums I used moved slow and there weren't so many active uses you couldn't get to know everyone on the site.

from where? I only knew torrents then

Kazaa.

And was the best of times and it was the worst of times but also best of times.

Nah, it was the best, the animation, the music the vibes, all those different genres and diferent kind of anime also anime wasn't that mainstream it was the start of everything

It wasn't but from mid 90s to mid 00s it was the golden era of anime fandom in the West because back then the people that watched anime were really into it not like nowadays.

yeah i used the client for that

Yes, despite what zoomers say about nostalgia. There's been a decline in the quality of anime due to oversaturation.

You only remember the memorable stuff.
There are at least 20 crap shows nobody remember for every fondly remembered show.

And now there's at least 20,000 different other shows no one bothers watching.

What has changed among fans?

Attached: C026B37A-343C-48D5-8DC9-75681796B6FA.jpg (902x650, 194.17K)

My sensei fetish appeared because of this anime.