Why did the new Dragon Ball movie flop?

Why did the new Dragon Ball movie flop?

Attached: 1660309260138376.jpg (646x800, 228.82K)

Going full CGI was a mistake.

It was a movie about Gohan, of course it's going to be shit.

Nostalgia has officially worn off.

New DB is trash. Impossible to get excited for it, the characters are complete mockeries of themselves and the source material.

It hasn't even released outside of Japan yet.

>hmmm we have tried to make gohan the MC 3 times and it hasn't worked... should we stop trying? nah!

Gohan is such a no character, void of personality and goals.
Despite what the hordes of mexicans tell you he's not a protagonist and the new color transformation is reduntant with the other color transformations.
The new series is done by a hack whom can only c̶o̶p̶y̶ trace what Toryama did 30 years ago.
DBZ is finally dying, long live DBZ.

No goku

This, it was just plain ugly.

>No goku
Cope? Co-co-co-co-co-coperino?

No one likes Super

Good. Movie was good, but it was but another recycled shit.

It wasn't good

Facts.

we reached the point that DB as a franchise has wamed. sooner or later they make something to meke it relevant again. like it has happened in 2000s and 2010s

It was good for being entertaining.

>Its the CGI!
These people didnt watch it
>Its gohan and piccolo
These people didnt watch it
>Its nostalgia bait
These people only know the spoilers

The truth is that Toei didnt promote the movie at all

I couldn't even watch it in one sitting because it was so bad and I was actively waiting for it. It was awful and one of the absolute worst movies.

Well, even the shitshow that was Red is still better than any DBS trash

1. The CG in Superhero isn't bad for the fights but it is jarring and clearly not up to par with what the west can produce in even their middling 3D animation products.
2. Red is being advertised as a big deal while Superhero was obviously a lower stakes side story

>currently predicted to make as much as $15 to $20 mil on opening weekend in Burgerland
Not bad. Not great, but we’ll see how it is with word of mouth. 10/10 advertising, Toei.

I thought latinos were the one who boosted dbz
Most latinos don't care about one piece

>One Piece does
Who cares

Dunno, I liked it myself. To each their own. But the fact is that Broly movie was several times better. That can't be denied.