Will any anime ever have the cultural impact and influence the industry as much as Neon Genesis Evangelion did?

Will any anime ever have the cultural impact and influence the industry as much as Neon Genesis Evangelion did?

Attached: nge.jpg (1920x1080, 507.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Tributes_to_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_in_other_Media
m.imdb.com/name/nm0863622/
nofilmschool.com/inspiration-nope-alien-design
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hopefully not.

One word:
Chainsawmen

I would say Lucky Star had a bigger influence on the industry, how many angst driven, contrived too-deep-4-u mecha anime are there vs how many moeshit SoL anime?

Reminder that NGE has had 0 (zero) influence on sci-fi/fantasy as a whole, western writers have always been at the forefront of the genre and most probably don't even watch anime, let alone heard of Eva. Anno's legacy will forever be trapped in Japan with its fate being to sell waifu merchandise.

Attached: 103978904-The_meme_formerly_known_as_Kuk_1.png.jpg (1920x1080, 74.29K)

You're not looking deep enough. Think about what kind of protagonist Shinji inspired.

Most Moeshit includes an Asuka and/or Rei clone. And Shinji for better or for worse inspired his own type of MC.

>Devilman
>Dragon Ball
>Tezuka's shit
I think these have more influence than evangelion

wiki.evageeks.org/Tributes_to_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_in_other_Media

Attached: Mystique_jorge_lucas.jpg (478x1389, 129.24K)

>influenced some obscure marvel comic in 2003
kek

No, the conditions aren't there anymore

Bruce Timm is a fan too m.imdb.com/name/nm0863622/

Attached: 8C6C422B-DB25-4967-803B-98E39A24EFAC.jpg (564x765, 134.34K)

One more

That alone already is above zero but the link is a large list including live action films and that was just one of them.

Attached: 70ADB84F-DC9A-4684-8AE3-6E806C264446.jpg (596x751, 139.79K)

god waifu2x looks awful

It seems that for some reasons a lot of people don't like Tezuka, now (but I do). Still had influenced and even inspired mangaka for maybe a couple decades.

The show that single handily ruined anime

Not any anime released after it, no. From the previous decade the biggest culturally were probably SnK and Madoka but admittedly they aren't quite on that level of influence.

The real issue is that entertainment is so disposable now. Even huge stories that normalfags like such as Squid Game get forgotten within a year. If your story isn't coming out with new seasons periodically over several years you are liable to be completely forgotten more quickly than ever.

Attached: 1504551263769.jpg (250x250, 7.92K)

Already did decades ago

Attached: 12453l.jpg (283x400, 29.08K)

How about one less than one month ago? nofilmschool.com/inspiration-nope-alien-design

>list of influence is pretty much all cartoons
>my little pony is one of the examples
user, this isn't the dunk you want.

No but I want to see good berserk adaptation

Attached: IMG_20220812_162344.jpg (1700x1688, 663.19K)

Mere references don't really count

We already have plenty of influential japanese works made after 2000 but Any Forums will never admit because "IT'S NEW THEREFORE IT'S REDDIT" when nips don't care about that at all, popular shit will be copied and twisted in different ways.

snkek influenced fuckall, it doesn't belong in the same breath as madoka
>The real issue is that entertainment is so disposable now.
true, zoomers want social media hype for consooming the show and move onto next hot shit in the market

Pretty much. Influence is when people literally derive or build upon the basic structure of your story to build an entirely new genre. Eva did have that influence, especially with alot of 2000s mecha like RahXephon, Eureka 7 / AO, Captain Earth, Fafner, but those weren't really popular to the wider audience.