Subtitles

How the hell do you people keep up with subtitles while watching anime? Every time I watch subbed anime I constantly have to pause and sometimes rewind because they're speaking so fast. Maybe I should stick to manga.

Attached: saj.png (1280x720, 404.22K)

Learn to read faster. Not even joking, its a skill you can train.

Is it? Normally it takes me over an hour to read a whole manga volume and that's if I'm going fast.

I can read a single sentence in less than a sentence just by glancing at it. It's a skill they taught us in primary school in Australia. I can even read it out loud almost as fast as I'm reading it but it takes focus to enunciate it properly too

Nothing wrong with that , you'll learn common words and get to know the basic conversation used in anime.Try watching from a distance as well.Good luck.

Manga probably aren't the best thing to read since the words are spread all over the page due to the speech bubble format, at least for getting faster.
Try reading translated light novels instead. The aim is to learn to speed read. You look at a sentence and read only the minimum amount of words necessary to understand it. So when the sentence flashes up at the bottom you only read half the words and your brain fills in the blanks.

Attached: 1660392313999.png (422x313, 88.53K)

The only anime where I had to really read quickly was Tatami Galaxy, otherwise you have plenty of time to read and watch. In fact, I usually try to slow down my reading so I'm not pre-reading all of the lines and thus missing the delivery.

english is my 2nd/3rd language and I can breeze through subs. I think it's about habit, more subbed shit you see and eventually you get the hang of it.

That's awfully slow reading? I'd think even reading manga has enough text it would train one to read faster, or at least ln

It is, it comes with reading a lot with most people, your brain slowly learn how to read not word by word but can grasp groups of words. Some people can even read line per line like this.
You can train it, but it may take time if you're not used to reading, or read really slow.

OP is an ESL.

So just fill in the blanks and read faster. Right.
English is my first and only language :/

It wont happen overnight. It's a habit rather than just forcing yourself to read faster.

There are no blanks, you read the whole thing. Speed reading isn't about missing words/skimming, it's about rapidly recognising word sequences. These can be common phrases ('watch out' 'thank you' 'over there'), or more complex forms based on the grammar of the sentence.

The best way to train speed reading is to read a lot, and I wouldn't recommend light novels and such, proper literature, ideally with a wide lexicon and good grasp of grammar.

As for manga, I basically read it as fast as the page renders.

retarded small-brained semi-lingual americans unironically can't follow subtitle?

literate*

But I'm Aus :[

Is this actually real? I always thought that it was just a meme.

t:dyslexic

Two decades of watching subs but I still rewind often when watching alone. That said, I have no problem keeping up with subs when I'm watching with others. I guess when I'm alone I'm more relaxed and try to pace the subs with the dub voices, and when I watch with others I prioritize reading subs > dub timing.

Literally just learn practice reading and comprehending faster.

Moot was right about you guys.

>Every time I watch subbed anime I constantly have to pause and sometimes rewind because they're speaking so fast.
Just watch the dub if you can't read.

>watch the dub
But people will make fun of me and laugh