Do you like when an anime references American culture or do you find it forced?

Do you like when an anime references American culture or do you find it forced?

Attached: [Final8]Nazo no Kanojo X - 01 (BD 10-bit 1920x1080 x264 FLAC)[FA56E3BB] - 00_11_15.jpg (1920x1080, 185.4K)

Not American culture, but I love it when they 'speak' English

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73.68K)

Music references are always nice.

Attached: shinjixtc_asuka3.png (1080x1080, 1.88M)

On one hand It is søy wars, on the other hand its the original trilogy and its aping the 70s poster

I aprove.

>a film that was very popular in japan is "a forced american culture reference"

I don't know what Japan's obsession with Star Wars is. Urusei Yatsura threw in a lot of SW references, and I mean, they blatantly used the characters in the show when it made no sense to.

Besides, what the fuck is a "forced reference" anyway?

Old scifi shit satisfy otaku autism, urusei yatsura had quite a few Star trek references too.

A missable reference, like a poster or something in the background is cool. Just means that someone wanted to show love to the reference/other fans of said reference that would catch it.

Full on mentions or worse, conversations of pop culture will never, ever, ever not be cringe.

probably because the original star wars movies are good

>forced
nah.. this is forced. blatant in your face reference

Attached: EbtXm0HWkAY8860.jpg (851x488, 65.04K)

it's when OP is a troll using language he knows will rub people the wrong way and make it harder for them to ignore his thread

>Damn, that's a huge snake bitch
Said by an American soldier but came across sounding absolutely awful

Star Wars is a huge in Japa, it might as well be apart of Japanese culture as well.

star wars is huge in general not just in japan

what

Same reason everybody else was

Referencing stuff is fine as long as it's tasteful. Direct references to literary and philosophical shit is almost always what makes me grit my teeth.

For their time. They're nothing special now. It's like the Beatles. Revolutionary in the 60s but their songs are kind of outclassed by what came later.

There's nothing wrong with a subtle reference here and there.

Attached: Hehe I'm implying this is an American band.jpg (720x480, 59.75K)

Star Wars culturally appropriated Japanese culture and the Japanese loved it as opposed to being offended by it.

>Star Wars culturally appropriated Japanese culture
What?