Just finished watching GouSotsu and gotta say, it really isn't as bad as it's portrayed here...

Just finished watching GouSotsu and gotta say, it really isn't as bad as it's portrayed here. Satako being the main villain, while being kind of a character assassination was really well handled from a narrative standpoint, as they give just enough clues in gou for you to be able to figure it out, but also the reveal ins habdled extremely well

The things that are really low points are:
>Satoko's motivations
>The sidelining of some of the main characters
>The Tappei almost killing K1 scene gave a lot of misdirection to the viewer
>The retarded DBZ fight at the end

Overall it was an enjoyable yet unnecessary addition to the series
Good fanfiction/10

Attached: Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_Gou_Serie_de_TV-821864703-large.jpg (789x1200, 126.56K)

Subhuman taste
Kill yourself

Never change Any Forums

Satoko killed her own parents, but if she has an argument with Rika that's character assassination apparently. You people really should just stick to One Piece or Naruto.

>Satoko killed her own parents
She hit L5 when that happened sherlock

Seems to be a bit of a stretch to equate having an argument with trapping in a time loop and torturing for years.

Now read Gou&Meguri and see how it has improved the story by a large margin so far

Attached: 1657027355743.png (1500x2133, 894.25K)

I heard that sextoko's motivations are far better in the manga. Is that true?

Yes since Sotsu's solution is refuted completely so whether she studies or not does not matter in the slightest anymore.

So what are her motivations in the manga?

>while being a character assassination was handled well
yeah i think you should kill yourself
gousotsu utterly shits on every single character (except teppei of all people) from the original, as well as all moral meaning of the work, as well as the entire plot

She's still killing Rika so apparently it's not any better.

Realizing the utter futility of her wish, mindbreaking completely, having fun until suicide by meeper.

Attached: 1650038774051.png (1500x2133, 750.88K)

Sounds stupid.
Wasn't the whole point in GouSotsu to be with Rika? How is the opposite any better?

for me it's a presequel between Higurashi and Umineko and god fucking damn it, i fucking loved it

Turns out nothing she could figure out works since Rika just gets into fatal (((accidents))) eventually if she ever leaves Hinamizawa for even a short time. Oh and Satoshi often dies too.

*stab**stab**stabby*stab*

So yeah, the story is still stupid. Why are they even bothering with this?

Her plan is to loop for a while and have fun until it stops. She's given up on a true happy future after being subjected to loop after loop of watching Rika and/or Satoshi die no matter what she does.
Basically now Satoko is powertripping since she's finally "in control" of her life, not only from those loops but even the original story where bad things just happen to her.

How can you possibly say "it's not that bad" and then put Satoko's motivations as one of the low points when it's the major driving force for at least half of this story? Gou was nothing special because it was just a retelling and setting up for Sotsu, while Sotsu was irredeemable garbage.

So even more running around and causing the deaths of the people she "cares" for.
Basically it's Sotsu without not wanting to study as an excuse?
How is that any better than the anime?

Sotsu was just the answer arcs for gou and it did that well, showing how satoko was behind the events in gou
The retarded thing about sotsu was the DBZ ending

It does Satoko's mindbreaking much better, she actually seems to give a fuck about her brother and people that aren't Rika. And she isn't even mad at Rika necessarily, it's closer to escapism which I prefer to Sotsu and it feels more in line with what Satoko would resort to when all else fails.
Also St.lucia is thankfully much less of a factor in the manga, it's more means to an end. The school episodes from Sotsu were insufferable.

Her reason for looping is better, but the retarded part is Satoko's specific reason for causing tragedies. Basically she says that they gave life meaning or something. I'd prefer the explanation of just entertaining Eua so she can continue to loop.

Because she's not trying to make any excuses or justify it. Her "cares" died with being mindbroken.

Attached: 1644208340922.jpg (517x518, 146.47K)

nothing past the original 8 vns is canon.

>it's closer to escapism which I prefer to Sotsu and it feels more in line with what Satoko would resort to when all else fails.
Personally, I don't think she'd go around killing people for the fun of it but whatever I guess.
>Also St.lucia is thankfully much less of a factor in the manga
That at least does sound better. The school arc was so stupid.
So it's gore and killing just for the sake of it.
Not seeing how it's better.

Is Rika trying to do anything during all this or is she still a punching bag for Satoko?